Wheel Tire Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I know there are a few posts about offset on wheels but most of them are referencing 37s.

I'm looking at these wheels and tires on Ebay. Just from searching the forums, I understand that a 0 offset will stick out a little more than stock and it also depends on the tires. These wheels are 17x8.5 0mm Offset, 4.75" Backspace and running 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

My question is, will this wheel tire combo cause any rubbing issues? I currently have Geiser 3" up front and stock rear (till I can get some deavers). I have actually rubbed the wheel on the rear wheel well (must have completely bottomed out haha) but I dont want to rip off any fenders.

Any input is appreciated including bad wheel / tire choice, just thought this was a decent price for a package deal?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Think of Fleabay and Amazon like MOS EISLEY spaceport; a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Ok, it may not be that bad, but you do run an increased risk of buying knock offs or sub standard parts. Caveat emptor.

Multiple supporting vendors selling wheels here, all with solid reps.

Just from searching the forums, I understand that a 0 offset will stick out a little more than stock and it also depends on the tires. These wheels are 17x8.5 0mm Offset, 4.75" Backspace and running 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

no, zero offset will stick out a lot more - 1.3 inches more. Now, if you have 3 inches lift up front, IDK what work you’d need with that wheel/tire combo but maybe some trimming involved. Out back I think you could lose a fender flare on compression (?) maybe someone can offer some 1st hand feedback.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A zero offset wheel? Don’t do it. The tire will stick out 1-1/2 inches more than current. Don’t forget these trucks are designed to a few mm of clearance.

OP
OP
KopfjagerRaptor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help! Looks like I'll be looking for a set of OEM beadlocks and 35s... I really want some bronze wheels but seems like all the aftermarket have different offsets.. unless any vendors on here can help me out??

OP
OP
KopfjagerRaptor
Reaction score
Thought I would report in after a full weekend of offroading and jumping.. full compression during jumps, no rubbing. Full flex of the rear has very minimal rubbing in the middle of the wheel well. Deaver +3 should hopefully fix this.

Extremely happy I went with the zero offset. Love the stance it has now!