LED side vent mod and Hood vent light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JackBrazen

JackBrazen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning rapt guys,

Thanks for chiming in and all your comments are noted and appreciated.

I will do a short video shortly on everything discussed and concerns. I’ll follow up shortly with you guys.

take care,

JB

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Side vents are pretty cool. Are they really that bright however? It’s so damn hot down here, I’m not a believer of restricting any flow to the engine bay.

Keep modding and have fun.

They do look too bright to me, unless the intention is to be less of an accent and more of work scene. Of course, odd place for a work light. If work light was the goal, than perhaps it would have better to upgrade the mirror light?

And although venting may not be an issue, it just looks odd to completely remove a vent to replace with a light, when there is no functional need for a light in that location. In my opinion it's one thing to add accent lighting, as if were a "night decal" or something, but this is more than that.

As an aside, are these street legal? I mean, can they be own while driving? I would guess they are too bright and would confuse other drivers since white lights denote the front of a vehicle not the side.

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you purchased those lights from AutoZone and couldn't find a place to put them.

There is logic in choosing lighting, and there are "ricer mods". You decide which ones you have.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you purchased those lights from AutoZone and couldn't find a place to put them.

There is logic in choosing lighting, and there are "ricer mods". You decide which ones you have.

Seems like you already have. :rolleyes:

The lights are more functional and better looking then the cheesy plastic vents.
Those really look Autozone.

I liked the way that the lights looked in the pictures.
Now that they have arrived, I will see for certain.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like you already have. :rolleyes:

The lights are more functional and better looking then the cheesy plastic vents.
Those really look Autozone.

I liked the way that the lights looked in the pictures.
Now that they have arrived, I will see for certain.

More functional? What function are they providing? Nothing wrong with a cosmetic mod.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just that the lights illuminate more than the vents vent.
Agree with you on the cosmetic mods.
The other guy was much more...opinionated.

OP
OP
JackBrazen

JackBrazen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you this Rapt guys...when I’m driving at night and some DF driver try’s to mosey into my lane...well doesn’t happen anymore. They jolt over!

Or when you’re in a two lane left turn with a payload on the far lane and then this DF driver doesn’t stay in there lane and enters your lane...Not anymore!

JB

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can tell you this Rapt guys...when I’m driving at night and some DF driver try’s to mosey into my lane...well doesn’t happen anymore. They jolt over!

Or when you’re in a two lane left turn with a payload on the far lane and then this DF driver doesn’t stay in there lane and enters your lane...Not anymore!

JB

Jack, You didn’t expect people down here to start seeing you any better on the road driving a big truck did you? Lol