Knocking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

Irvin Mendez

Reaction score
It definitely sounds like it's external to an assembly. It's possible that the torque converter overheated and ballooned up, forcing the flex plate against the back of the engine and causing the scraping noise. However, when that happens you will typically have associated transmission issues. Might be time to get a diagnosis from the dealer.

Ill be dropping it off at the dealership tomorrow, will advise them of this comment. I dropped it off last week but they were unable to duplicate the sound. Aside from the gas pedal vibration, truck shifts very smoothly.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Ill be dropping it off at the dealership tomorrow, will advise them of this comment. I dropped it off last week but they were unable to duplicate the sound. Aside from the gas pedal vibration, truck shifts very smoothly.
Irvin, without regard to the noise, the pedal vibration may be as simple as needing to rotate the tires. The tires wear funny and can cause weird vibrations, even if they are balanced.

OP
OP
I

Irvin Mendez

Reaction score
Irvin, without regard to the noise, the pedal vibration may be as simple as needing to rotate the tires. The tires wear funny and can cause weird vibrations, even if they are balanced.

I have gone about 10,000 miles without rotating so that might be the culprit. I’ll have them rotate them once it’s up there. Thanks guys I’ll report back with any updates

marcomtz

Reaction score
So that rattling noise was your starter? Mine is doing the exact noise would appreciate the help thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter