KHC Torque Arm - Minor PSA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, for those of you with a Krazy House torque arm installed I just wanted to let you know that you might need to keep that puppy greased.

I spent a week or so chasing down a clunk, with what felt like some sort of binding under the truck. After investigating the usual suspects, which included:

Pulling the driveshaft to grease the slip joint (which apparently is the exact same feeling)

Lubricating springs, and shackles

Testing the front IWE’s

Checking the bed bolt torques

Checking ball joints, control arms, and sway bar linkages

I was finally able to track it down by having my wife jump up and down in the bed of the truck. At the forward end, where the torque arm bolts to the frame cross member there are two grease zerks, one for the bushing, and the other for the torque arm slip joint. It’s the slip joint fitting that you need to grease, and you definitely need a grease gun to do it (a 90 degree fitting on the grease gun hose makes this easier, but isn’t absolutely necessary.) Once I did this, my suspension binding went away, and the truck is as quiet and as stiff as it was the day I had the arm installed, which was about a 18 months and 8000 miles ago.