K&N Air Filter....interesting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've always bought 2 K&N's... keep one clean and just swap... clean the other at your leisure. BTW, I feel the K&N filters better when it's a little dirty... and after a few cleanings you have to look out for gaps/holes in the gauze. Be careful and resist the urge to use high pressure air to clean/dry the filter.

I think the stock Ford filter will do a better job filtering so I'll probably stick with it... K&N's can let the fine silt through in my experience.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what i have been finding out the more and more i have been using this filter with my CAI setup...what im basically doing is tossing in my stock air filter offroad..then K&N for on. makes sense...as you dont look for better MPG's out on the dirt, and the gain in power is so mil...doesnt make sense to sacrifice some durability. but i still think its a wise investment when onroad...as we all probably drive 80 to 90% of the time onroad.