K&n 77-2579ktk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search and came up with nothing. anyone tried the K&N FIPK on the 6.2? just curious. i get a decent deal on K&N and would love to open up the intake a bit.

kwickert

Reaction score
Great intake!
Definitely more power when you stomp on the gas & the sound is loud
Install in about an hour fifteen minutes

I also have the dry-charger air filter wrap. When its damp or humid out it seems to keep the moisture out of the intake, i notice a difference with & without it

I'll post some pics shortly

f16YODA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently I don't have a picture either, but I installed the K&N intake a few months ago. I love it. It mounts directly to the throttle body and deletes that retarded silencer on top of the engine. The sound is incredible and actually drowns out the stock exhaust. I hadn't owned the truck for very long, so I don't have a good before/after performance comparison. I also like how it is mostly open. Except for an occasional splash, you're not going to get water trapped in the box like on some other intakes. That's my $0.02.

Have at you!
- YODA:Jedi:

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one as well. After having K&N stuff on every vehicle I've ever owned without problems and then seeing Yodas it was a clear choice. His truck was recently COVERED in mud. Engine compartment too, and his filter had maybe 4-6 drops on it. Seems to be well protected and like he said there is no way for water to collect and pool.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as much as I love K&N (last 6 cars have had K&N CAIs) with the raptor I switched it up and went with a AFE stage 2 dry and I could never be happier, I was gonna stick with K&N cause ive always had goodluck with them and was worried about how dry filter would perform but now I can honestly say I dont think I could ever go back to oiled filters

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as much as I love K&N (last 6 cars have had K&N CAIs) with the raptor I switched it up and went with a AFE stage 2 dry and I could never be happier, I was gonna stick with K&N cause ive always had goodluck with them and was worried about how dry filter would perform but now I can honestly say I dont think I could ever go back to oiled filters

What do you like about the dry filter better? Just less maintenance?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter