Joined the Raptor family!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MachoSauce

Reaction score
Nice truck and welcome to FRF. Nice to see the Mtn bikes in the bed. I have the Cache Tailgate pad, how do you like the Fox?
Thank you! That was the only tailgate pad in stock so we didn't have much choice but it seems fine. Bikes haven't shifted or anything and plenty of padding. There's another Fox with more padding/blocks where your down tubes sit that's like another 50 bucks but again this one seems to do fine.

I'd like to find a good system where it mounts in the bed (against the back window) where you don't have to take off the front wheel. That way we don't have to take the pad on and off. I'm sure people just leave them on but the sensors alarming and lack of the backup camera gets annoying lol.

Louisiana Barefoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first thoughts are "What a nice WIFE" and the truck is nice also. I have one of those "What do you need that for?" type. My Raptor is also red (2014 special edition). Sounds like you've made 2 good choices in your life so far. Keep up the good work and welcome.

Rico2

Reaction score
Thank you! That was the only tailgate pad in stock so we didn't have much choice but it seems fine. Bikes haven't shifted or anything and plenty of padding. There's another Fox with more padding/blocks where your down tubes sit that's like another 50 bucks but again this one seems to do fine.

I'd like to find a good system where it mounts in the bed (against the back window) where you don't have to take off the front wheel. That way we don't have to take the pad on and off. I'm sure people just leave them on but the sensors alarming and lack of the backup camera gets annoying lol.
Let me know what you find for the mounts in the bed. I agree, it is a much less cumbersome set up and take down. The Cache does have a window for the backup camera, no issues with the sensors either. But, I take it off every time.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi all, just picked up 2019 Raptor! Technically it's for my wife as she has wanted one for as far back as I can remember but I get to drive it too lol. I've never been much of a truck person but I must admit I see why people like them (Raptors) so much. Thing's awesome and a beast!
Welcome.

You name is MachoSauce but you were never really much of a truck person. I got some testosterone tablets if you need some because welcome to the best Raptor forum, prepare yourself!

OP
OP
M

MachoSauce

Reaction score
Let me know what you find for the mounts in the bed. I agree, it is a much less cumbersome set up and take down. The Cache does have a window for the backup camera, no issues with the sensors either. But, I take it off every time.
Will do, I'm definitely looking. I take ours off if it's not in use as well and while not to bad to take on and off, it would be way easier to just walk a bike up and clip it in place.

OP
OP
M

MachoSauce

Reaction score
Welcome.

You name is MachoSauce but you were never really much of a truck person. I got some testosterone tablets if you need some because welcome to the best Raptor forum, prepare yourself!
Fair enough lol. Was always a sports car/bike person, still am technically even though I sold my car a few weeks ago but the Raptor is making me question my life choices :D, always said if I had to get a truck it would be a Raptor.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a section here for "what other vehicles we drive", you should post up!

Welcome again and good luck out in TX with the massive move of non-believers heading to your state.

Roscoe S

Reaction score

Attachments

• raptor3_gj1zg.jpg
    raptor3_gj1zg.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 4