Is this a good kit for Street Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While none of them are technically street "legal" I have found that the Rigid SAE Fog light has an excellent cutoff line and matches the OEM headlights on these trucks pretty well. It can be adjusted down enough to be under the stock headlight cutoff line while still providing an excellent amount of light. I have it in the center pod of my FRL three pod kit with the Baja Pro Spot in the center most pod for long distance light throw. These are the rigid lights I am speaking of.

https://www.rigidindustries.com/products/sae

Where did u order ur setup from? Sounds like what I am looking for.

sdfd504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did u order ur setup from? Sounds like what I am looking for.

I already had the Rigid fogs in my garage from my previous truck but if none of the major vendors on here have them then I would look at the major online retailer that stats with an A and ends with Z. I ordered my fog light kit from 4x4truckLED and had excellent service from them!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Amazon ends in an N... not a Z lol... unless you meant "Adams 4x4TruckLEDs.com awesome superstore pleaz" :)

I sell Rigid as well so if you need pricing on Rigid just let me know which part # you need. We don't list the full Rigid line on our site because we're more focus on Baja Designs (better quality we feel) and we fully stock Baja Designs products. BUT I do sell Rigid

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already had the Rigid fogs in my garage from my previous truck but if none of the major vendors on here have them then I would look at the major online retailer that stats with an A and ends with Z. I ordered my fog light kit from 4x4truckLED and had excellent service from them!

So the rigid fogs connect into the harness/hardware that comes with the 6 light fog light kit?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well we only list Baja Designs lights on our site but if you want the FRL kit with Rigid we can ceratinly order it up that way for you. Just let me know what kind of lights you want.

The FRL kit is actually setup for Rigid Lights, meaning their wire harness (Deutsch connectors). Baja uses better connectors (WeatherPack) and includes extra connectors in your box that you just have to clip on is all.

So you get a pair of KC HiLights with the FRL kit and then you can pick any two pairs for 2nd and 3rd pairs. Baja Designs or Rigid. Just shoot me a PM with what you are looking for (better yet email me, [email protected])

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we only list Baja Designs lights on our site but if you want the FRL kit with Rigid we can ceratinly order it up that way for you. Just let me know what kind of lights you want.

The FRL kit is actually setup for Rigid Lights, meaning their wire harness (Deutsch connectors). Baja uses better connectors (WeatherPack) and includes extra connectors in your box that you just have to clip on is all.

So you get a pair of KC HiLights with the FRL kit and then you can pick any two pairs for 2nd and 3rd pairs. Baja Designs or Rigid. Just shoot me a PM with what you are looking for (better yet email me, [email protected])

I emailed u

sdfd504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I emailed u

They will get you setup with everything you need. Like he stated the Rigid and KC lights will hook up directly to the FRL wiring harness. The Baja Designs lights use a different connector and will require you to rewire one set of the harness. Not that hard at all but you should purchase the WeatherPack tool off amazon to get the best and most secure connection.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The inner pin removal tool is all you really need (although you can do it with 2 small flat screw drivers). The inner pins on the deutsch connectors and weatherpack are the same. So you can simply pop off the DT connectors (Deutsch) and stick them into the provided weatherpack connectors. Easy Peazy. No need to re-crimp anything at all. As all you are doing is changing the outter plastic connector (inner ones are the same as I stated)

This tool is worth having on hand if you add lights onto your vehicle: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IIY56E/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

It's also a great idea if you do a lot of lights (like us lol) to get the various crimper tools. We actually have an entire kit we put together with all kinds of connectors which is great to have on hand if you work on your truck a lot. Not only great for lighting but other electrical connections.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes through your aux switches. The FRL kit we're selling gives you the harness and what not to hook into your factory upfitter switches.