Is anyone running the SCT ITSX Tuner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shthpnz

Reaction score
I run one for two month now. No real problems. It reads the tunes you got by e-mail. Simply switch BT on and you can tune your truck. And change the parameters of each tune with ease. Also easy to read and remove the fault codes. The gauges are not up to par though. At least not on my iPhone4.

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do, it's pretty badass. :waytogo: The only issue I've had with it so far is I had to re-pair my phone with it today. No big deal once I figured it out. I had to delete it from my phone and then rediscover it.

shthpnz

Reaction score
@netix: from the manual:

Un-Pairing the iTSX accessory for use with a different mobile device:

NOTE: Not properly "un-pairing" the iTSX accessory before attempting to use it with another device may result in the iTSX accessory becoming un-responsive and non-discoverable in the Bluetooth setup area. Be sure to follow the "Un-Pairing" procedure below to properly "un-pair" your iTSX accessory.

Un-Pairing the iTSX Accessory

1) From the iTSX App, touch the "Info" menu item from the main screen.
2) When presented with the "Info" screen, touch the "Un-Pair from Accessory" menu item in the "Accessory Info" section of the "Info" screen.
3) The iTSX App will display a confirmation screen to confirm you wish to "un-pair" from the iTSX accessory.
4) To confirm you wish to "un-pair" the iTSX accessory, touch the "Yes, UnPair" button to "un-pair" the accessory, or touch "No, don't UnPair" if you wish to cancel "un-pairing".
5) When "un-pairing" from the iTSX accessory has completed, a message box will be displayed prompting you to complete the final steps in "un-pairing".
6) To complete the "un-pairing" procedure, exit the iTSX App by pressing the "Home" button on the face of your device.
7) From the Home screen of your iPod, iPhone or iPad device, touch the Settings icon to enter the Setting area of your device.
8) Select the General option from the list of available settings and select Bluetooth from the menu items.
9) The iTSX accessory will appear in the list of available devices and will be listed as "Not Connected".
10) Touch the blue circular arrow button to the right of the "Not Connected" text.
11) Once displayed, touch the "Forget this Device" button.
12) To confirm you wish to "Forget this Device", touch the red "Forget Device" button at the bottom of the screen.
13) The iTSX accessory is now "un-paired" and can be connected to another vehicle or another IOS mobile device.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
thanks i missplaced mine somewhere

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

i dont have my old ipad 2, i gave it away. i wonder if this will work will update

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scratch that... As of this point is has my truck useless and not able to start... I'm still waiting for SCT to get back to me tomorrow. I've already tried the recovery file they sent and nothing. We'll see....

shthpnz

Reaction score
Must say had the same bad experience some weeks ago. Before driving with my wife to an appointment I quickly would switch from the 5star so called performance tune to my dutch performance LPG tune. In the middle of the transfer the iphone crashed. From that moment on the truck was a dead duck. And the software would not communicate with the adapter anymore. Sweat all over.
My wife calmly suggested to do a good respring of the iphone (press home button plus top button simultanuously till the white apple pops up). And voila, the app recognized the adapter again. I could import the stock tune and after that I installed the dutch LPG tune. So lesson learned. No programs in the background or do a proper reset first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must say had the same bad experience some weeks ago. Before driving with my wife to an appointment I quickly would switch from the 5star so called performance tune to my dutch performance LPG tune. In the middle of the transfer the iphone crashed. From that moment on the truck was a dead duck. And the software would not communicate with the adapter anymore. Sweat all over.
My wife calmly suggested to do a good respring of the iphone (press home button plus top button simultanuously till the white apple pops up). And voila, the app recognized the adapter again. I could import the stock tune and after that I installed the dutch LPG tune. So lesson learned. No programs in the background or do a proper reset first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

None of that worked... None of the other stuff they said to do worked... They want me to rip the pcm out and send it to them with the itsx to fix it.
Waste of flippen time! I'm so disapointed! It's $250 to have the dealer reflash it back to stock (if they can). Or about $1000 including labor for a whole new one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc