Ipad GPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XGPS160 DUAL GPS/GLONASS receiver...aka usa and russain gps birds receiver...

Overview
Meet the SkyPro – a brand new GPS Receiver with fast signal acquisition and 10Hz positioning updates, making it an ideal GPS for pilots, race car drivers and other fast moving applications. The WAAS receiver is compatible with both GPS (USA) and GLONASS (Russia) systems and it connects via Bluetooth to up to 5 Apple or Android devices...

Last edited:

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ram Mount

Got a pic of where you attached the ram mount to the side of the console?

I wish I could get a pic of it for you on the mounting bracket side. But I am overseas right now. I don't get much of a chance to drive the truck. All accessories can be found starting at the following link...Facet vehicle_mount_wizard - Page 1

First assemble the entire display...mounts and all...adjust it position and angles tighten it and then put it to the side of the console and you will have a good idea where to drill. Again, I wish I could give you a pic on what exactly is behind the Ipad...I think there was three piece of hardware...a mounting ball, a short adjustable elbow and a longer elbow as well to reach and mount to the ball behind the ipad cradle...Mark the console anchor point area with tape ... If there is a small error its not that critical because you can adjust to display or articulate it to the new position. As for the actual mount the center console comes out rather easy...just grab the center island near the glove box and pull up on both sides...gently. That should be enough area to drill I put the mounting ball in the middle of the gray side on the center counsel near the foward cup holder. The center console will not come completely out unless you are willing to do more work on the matter. You will need large washers on the inside once the holes are drilled and screws/(nylon nuts) mounted. You don't want regular nuts...you will have to keep tightening them as they loosen up time goes on... You can get all the hardware at ACE or Lowes...etc...get multiple size lengths screws just in case you guessed wrong. You need the large washers mounted on the inside console so the mount can take some abuse when the truck is bouncing around and the unit wont break or pull out of the console center...not to mention some wacks from goings on in the cab. A cigarette USB cable going into the glove box is your power source. Having it in the cradle is pretty cool...you can remove it on the fly to compare notes in the desert or just to look up movie time...lol...have fun....

PS...this setup will take all abuse when on the street and most in the desert...you really have to crank the dials down to keep the unit in place...if your doing jumps like the General Lee...well, it not going to hold up! If your the General Lee type consider getting a dash mount system...

PSS...I found PFPZ mount on his Raptor...This is pretty much it...You will need a double ball connector so both long and short elbows can connect together! If I remember correctly there are multiple size double ball connector so BE CAREFUL on what your ordering! The only difference is my short elbow is on the bottom mounted to the console...Hope this helps...Vegas

Attachments

• IMG1555-L.jpg
    IMG1555-L.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 149
  • thJYPZIFKD.jpg
    thJYPZIFKD.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

narlimon

Reaction score
I'm using a IPAD mini with LEADNAV and it works great.
Using a RAM mount ball attached to the dash tray that I reinforced.
LEADNAV works well using GPX files supplied by who ever is running the show.
You load the GPX file and after converting the file to a tack you then download the aerial photos following the track.
The IPAD is stable offroad using the RAM mount arm and ball system.
I then attached a Otterbox case to the RAMmount that holds the IPAD firmly.
The only problem is the IPAD overheats sometimes but ajusting the two center A/C vents to cool the IPAD solved the problem.

Last edited:

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Another vote for LeadNAV. Yes, there are In App purchases, but it's the best app out there for pre-running or chase IMO. There are multiple race teams using LeadNAV either in the chase vehicles or in the actual race vehicles. It's extremely robust and worth what you have to pay for it.

highpowernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the LeadNAV . Like it , still working on the iPad mini mount.
Got a ball mount from snap on. Works for now but moves a lot.
Have it in a life proof case, so any mount that will attach will be great.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I bought the LeadNAV . Like it , still working on the iPad mini mount.
Got a ball mount from snap on. Works for now but moves a lot.
Have it in a life proof case, so any mount that will attach will be great.

I run mine on a window suction cup Ram Mount so that the bottom of the Ipad sits in the tray on top of the dash. It fits perfectly and is really secure. This bracket should get you going with the lifeproof case too: RAM Tab-Lock

Here's the setup I run as well for reference: RAM Twist Lock Suction Cup Mount with EZ-ROLL