Intake Power Loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, if you are drawing hot air in the system it will reduce timing therefor reducing HP/Peformance...

OP
OP
TuckerTravis

TuckerTravis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well when I installed my Airaid intake system I disconnected the battery then immediately did some highway driving after the battery sat disconnected for about ehh 2 hours. I instantly felt a power increase with better throttle response and fuel economy! I think the problem with the k&n intake is that it is such a big system the ecu has trouble reprogramming because of the huge high flow filter and intake tube. I would suggest a tuner and possibly exhaust to get the most out of the k&n. I guess it wasnt designed to be used with the stock tune like the airaid.

Yeah i disconnected battery during install which took about hour and ahalf. Then I hooked battery back up then let it sit overnight. Should I try disconnecting battery again for a hour or two then re connect it then drive it?