Installed "****** 9500ci Passport Ultimate Radar - Laser Defense System" on my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do u have picture of where you mounted the front and rear sensors?

Nope, but I'll take some right now for ya and post them up when I'm home later.

thank you!!! :waytogo:

alright onebad, here's how my setup is stealthily installed:

the Front Radar Receiver is mounted behind the grill. My hood is open in this pic, so it is the black box that you see above my light bars and in front of the radiator.

IMG00533-20110512-1342.jpg

my Front Laser Receivers/Shifters (aka LaserJammers) used to be tucked into the holes at the edges of my stock bumper, but now that I've got my new front setup we moved them..... the Laser Shifters are the two little black boxes that you can see underneath my lower light bar.

IMG00542-20110512-1750.jpg

The Rear Laser Receiver/Shifter is mounted directly above my license plate, using the same two holes for the license plate screws. Its hard to see in this pic because my license plate is blacked-out, but the Rear Laser Receiver/Jammer is the black surface directly above the word "Texas" on my license plate.

IMG00530-20110512-1341.jpg

Lastly, my GPS Module (which records and stores things like false signals coming from storefronts as well as redlight cameras, speed traps, etc.) is mounted above my rearview mirror.

IMG00527-20110512-1339.jpg

I hope this helps. If you need pics of anything else or clarification on any of these components, let me know.

This system is the shit though, it still works like a champ.... I know about The Fuzz well before they've even seen me whenever the system gives me a chirp.

RSQP

Reaction score
Thanks for the write-up. That's the system I'm going with when I get my Raptor, except I plan on adding the display in the mirror ala Radar-Mirror or a similar vendor. The company I used before to etch my mirror for my Audi is no longer in business.

JRASIK_Cdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Interesting write-up. I'm not a fast highway driver (maybe 10 mph over max usually), due to an pretty bad accident some years back, but you got me interested in this technology. I haven't paid attention to 'radar detectors' in 10 years- it's crazy how complex it's gotten.

I like the "my Raptor is the only one that shoots lasers". Lol, that's why I love this site. That makes me want the system too just to say that!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bo - any updates or run ins with the 5-0?

I'm looking at getting either this system or the Laser Interceptor Quad setup that was mentioned on the previous page.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im more interested in another aspect f this setup. I almost bought this in October when my V1 got stolen out of my raptor along with my glock 27.

I got the 9500xi because it was a third the price, and only lacks the laser shifters, which, by the way, was made illegal in Texas as of September 1, 2011. Hope you dont get caught with that Ben!

Im wondering if you knew you were running that illegally now, and the 1k - 10k fine it can carry? LOL