Installed "****** 9500ci Passport Ultimate Radar - Laser Defense System" on my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can turn the laser shifters off easily....... gimme a few, I'm gonna look in the owner's manual....

EDIT: Here we go, just read in the manual that you can cycle through the different bands and turn them off individually.
Once you get to "LSR" (Laser), you have 3 choices: RECV, SHFT, or OFF.

....So when you're in Canada, if you set the system to RECV or OFF, your Laser Shifters should be disabled until you turn them back on.

Gotcha. Right now I have this one Solo S2 which I've had for about 6 or 7 years.
Battery powered, easy to grab and hide but wouldn't really mind upgrading
to something like yours.

Attachments

• ******-solos2-488.jpg
    ******-solos2-488.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 57

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, good info here.
I am on my way to traffic school here in about a month for yet another ticket. I was running the Valentine One and was hit with Laser....83mph in a 65,Pre-Raptor btw.
I have been saved by this detector in the past but it was Ka not Laser. This time the detector was silent.
All the above is news to me, does anyone know of a portable system that would do similar, jamming and the like, as I have multiple vehicles.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the next older generation passport in my daily driver FX4 (non GPS) and it has paid for itself many times over. It is an awesome radar detector. I installed the newest K40 Calibre in my Raptor which is a very nice detector, but in hind sight, I should have put the Passport that Bo has in, it is in my opinion the best out there.

autowerks racing

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
they are not that difficult, about 24 wires in total...i assume the raptor would be a pretty easy install as for you dont need to drop the bumpers...the hardest install we have done so far was on an r8. removing each bumper is a 4hr job...

i usually rank jobs based on the number of beers consumed while doing said job. an ****** 9500 is probably a twelve pack..if you would like to tackle it yourself I can have my installer walk you through it

IRONMAN

Reaction score
they are not that difficult, about 24 wires in total...i assume the raptor would be a pretty easy install as for you dont need to drop the bumpers...the hardest install we have done so far was on an r8. removing each bumper is a 4hr job...

i usually rank jobs based on the number of beers consumed while doing said job. an ****** 9500 is probably a twelve pack..if you would like to tackle it yourself I can have my installer walk you through it

That would be sweet. I would really like to make it as hidden as possible because of Canada's OPP.
They're not easy going at all. That's why I'd like to do it myself and take my time in doing it.