In-Vehicle Technology Team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sidelock View Post
Hi,
Glad to have someone to ask questions.
Copied my music as mp3 into folders on my Mac then copied folders to a flash drive. Installed flash drive in console slot in my 2013 Screw. MFT/sync claims it can't read the "unrecognized" files. Please help, I can't play my stuff. Many thanks.

I'm happy to look into this further, sidelock. Where do you download music from? Are you using a password-protect thumb drive?

- Reply:
Thanks for the quick response.
My music has come from different sources over time. Some ripped from CD's, some purchased from iTunes store.
I have converted them to MPEG (Mp3) in iTunes on my Mac.
Then I copy them to several folders outside of iTunes.
Then I drag these folders into one called "Truck music"
Then I copy that folder to a 16 Gig flash drive.

Flash drive inserted into USB slot in console.
When I select USB option (either touch screen or steering wheel voice command), sometimes it will play one song continually.
More often it says it can't read the file and to use the browse function. Same problem when I try that.

Hope this explains things better. Thanks

Go to: Get Support and Manage Your SYNC Account | Syncmyride.com

Login or register if you haven't already, then go to Sync software updates, once your on that page go to the bottom and look for "Sync my iTunes".

Sorry, I just saw that your using a mac, my suggestion is not going to work.

One thing I'd like to add is,
your purchased music from iTunes is copy protected and you would have to unprotect them in order to use the songs in other devices.

Last edited:

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi,
Glad to have someone to ask questions.
Copied my music as mp3 into folders on my Mac then copied folders to a flash drive. Installed flash drive in console slot in my 2013 Screw. MFT/sync claims it can't read the "unrecognized" files. Please help, I can't play my stuff. Many thanks.

I'm happy to look into this further, sidelock. Where do you download music from? Are you using a password-protect thumb drive?

- Reply:
My music has come from different sources over time. Some ripped from CD's, some purchased from iTunes store.

When I select USB option (either touch screen or steering wheel voice command), sometimes it will play one song continually.
More often it says it can't read the file and to use the browse function. Same problem when I try that.

Try putting some songs in the "Truck Music" folder to see if they play, the problem may be with sub folders. My limited understanding is you can have 200+ folders with 255 files in each.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jaclyn,
Welcome.:favorites25:
Feel like Pandora after she opened the box?:happy160::big_banana_Dance:
I am glad you're here. As well as Crystal. It's nice to know that FORD cares for us; as we all bleed FORD blue!
I echo the sentiments expressed above. The Raptor is meant to go off road. Lower tire pressures give us more traction in certain conditions; being able to see what the pressures are would be a great help. Also an ammeter display would help us monitor our batteries....
Also since we venture off road, having GPS capabilities for going off road would be amazing! How about a LOWRANCE option from FORD?
Thank you again, and welcome....
Eddie

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions ... so far, no joy. I'll keep trying different things.

Member Harblar did a nice write up but for a PC.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/myford-touch-external-drives-lossless-audio-19772/

Maybe it will give you some ideas on what else you could try.
I don't think anybody did something for a Mac.

Apple, Microsoft and Google all don't want you to play with others. :)

If Ford really wanted to be innovative they should allow you to choose the OS of your choice!!!

What ever OS Audi is using, leaves a lot to be desired especially the Nav with Google Earth,
my wife has her Audi 4 months and she wants to get rid of it already because of the Nav. LOL
My Android smart phone does the Nav better than the car. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer Jaclyn. I already read that though :signs8: Was hoping to squeeze a bit more out of you as in backwards compatibility with MFT assuming a firmware/software update would allow it in the future. Guess i'll have to wait and see.

You're welcome, oxfordraptor -

I'll do my best to provide you with as much info as possible.

issues: when connected via bluetooth or by usb, if i am playing music from my i5 and want to make a phone call with bluetooth, MFT freaks out. Will dial, but no voice connection. Then when I hang up, the call stays connected for a very long time. In that time (3 min or so), I cannot use any audio source. Or switch to any other feature (nav, etc). It "locks up". At times it forces a complete reset - "performing scheduled maintenance" haha.

Do you know which software version you're running, Txfight00? Shoot me a PM and I'll look into this.

- Reply:

It's possible an error in your metadata could be causing this, sidelock. We offer a tool that corrects common errors on SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com. Once you're logged in to your account, click on UPDATE SYNC SOFTWARE, and at the bottom of the page you'll see DOWNLOAD SYNC My iTunes.

Let me know if this works or if you have any questions.

Hi Jaclyn, Welcome!!! Are you having second thoughts now joining lol???

Sometimes if I use the steering wheel controls to turn the volume up it switches stations. So in a nutshell I say an overall refinement is needed to the whole system after reading everyones issues. Just keep the updates coming regularly for fixes as you get them and we will be fine. Having said that though... 90% of the time it gets the job done. Im more happy that ford is interested in what real users have to say. Thanks for your time.

You haven't scared me too much yet, Goofball. ;)

Aside from this forum and a couple others, I'm also on Twitter. If you've ever tweeted @FordService, you may have talked to me, JA.

Hi Jaclyn. Welcome to FRF. I do have one recommendation that will help integrate you into the Raptor community, enable you to get valuable feedback for FMC, and help Raptor owners.... Please, please, please don't refer people to www.social.ford.com and say that's the best place to ask that question. It is not. FRF is. Raptor owners have specific questions that are most relevant to Raptor owners. Offroad Nav and TPMS data have special uses for Raptor owners that aren't applicable to Fusion owners or Mustang owners. Siphoning traffic over to the Ford social site does not benefit the Raptor community. I'm certainly not going to visit over there to see the answer to Vanilla Gorilla's questions. If you want to be a part of the Raptor community we will welcome you with open arms... here on FRF. If you just want to drive more eyeballs to Ford's social site, then neither we the Raptor community nor Ford will get the benefit of you getting input and responding directly here on FRF.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have to agree with SVTBuckeye i can't even get on Social Ford and the last thing i want to do is have to go to another site. Like it's been said need a pressure read out for the TPMS. Offroad nav would be sweet and having the Center screen in the dash customizable by the user to display various temps, digital speedo,Tire pressure and others that the computer all ready monitors.

Hi, SVTBuckeye & Captain Awesome -

I will be passing along issues and feedback that I come across here to the appropriate team. The reason I refer to Ford Social is because this is where our product development team goes to for inspiration.

Jaclyn,
Welcome.:favorites25:
Feel like Pandora after she opened the box?:happy160::big_banana_Dance:
I am glad you're here. As well as Crystal. It's nice to know that FORD cares for us; as we all bleed FORD blue!
I echo the sentiments expressed above. The Raptor is meant to go off road. Lower tire pressures give us more traction in certain conditions; being able to see what the pressures are would be a great help. Also an ammeter display would help us monitor our batteries....
Also since we venture off road, having GPS capabilities for going off road would be amazing! How about a LOWRANCE option from FORD?
Thank you again, and welcome....
Eddie

Thanks for the warm welcome, Ditchplains1. I'll be sure to report your feedback.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jaclyn- Today I had my dealer install the Vehicle Security System (DL3Z-19A361-A) and the Remote Access (DL3Z-19A390-B) and everything is working correctly (lock, unlock, start, stop) but I am only getting security alerts on my phone for the full shock/impact and perimeter alarm, not for the non-threatening impacts of the "two-step perimeter alarm". I thought I read in a post on this or another forum that I would get security alerts for the first part of the two-step alarm, like when the horn just chirps once in response to a minor impact, but this is not happening. When I give it a light smack, the horn chirps once as a warning but no alert on my phone. I would like to get alerts for these door-ding type impacts so I can chase down the perp. This was the first VSS/RMU install the dealer did so they were kinda lost, I actually had to walk them through the install which took 4 hours when it should have been 1 hour. Thanks!

Screenshot_2014-03-21-16-29-59.jpg

Also, I have not been able to figure out the Interior Theft Sensor. Where is the infrared sensor located and what does it take to get it to set off the alarm. I tried arming the system with the window open and then leaning it to grab something and nothing. I also tried arming it while hiding in the back seat and then jumping out and yelling "BOO" but this also did not set off the alarm.

Last edited:

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better yet put cameras in the truck get the perp in action. LOL

But I'm liking this alarm!!!!! hummmmmm....

I thought about cameras but then it might record what I do to the perp when I catch him "I swear officer, he must have slipped and fallen down, for all his teeth to be on the ground".