In-Vehicle Technology Team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
issues: when connected via bluetooth or by usb, if i am playing music from my i5 and want to make a phone call with bluetooth, MFT freaks out. Will dial, but no voice connection. Then when I hang up, the call stays connected for a very long time. In that time (3 min or so), I cannot use any audio source. Or switch to any other feature (nav, etc). It "locks up". At times it forces a complete reset - "performing scheduled maintenance" haha.

sidelock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sidelock View Post
Hi,
Glad to have someone to ask questions.
Copied my music as mp3 into folders on my Mac then copied folders to a flash drive. Installed flash drive in console slot in my 2013 Screw. MFT/sync claims it can't read the "unrecognized" files. Please help, I can't play my stuff. Many thanks.

I'm happy to look into this further, sidelock. Where do you download music from? Are you using a password-protect thumb drive?

- Reply:
Thanks for the quick response.
My music has come from different sources over time. Some ripped from CD's, some purchased from iTunes store.
I have converted them to MPEG (Mp3) in iTunes on my Mac.
Then I copy them to several folders outside of iTunes.
Then I drag these folders into one called "Truck music"
Then I copy that folder to a 16 Gig flash drive.

Flash drive inserted into USB slot in console.
When I select USB option (either touch screen or steering wheel voice command), sometimes it will play one song continually.
More often it says it can't read the file and to use the browse function. Same problem when I try that.

Hope this explains things better. Thanks

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Jaclyn, Welcome!!! Are you having second thoughts now joining lol???

Sometimes if I use the steering wheel controls to turn the volume up it switches stations. So in a nutshell I say an overall refinement is needed to the whole system after reading everyones issues. Just keep the updates coming regularly for fixes as you get them and we will be fine. Having said that though... 90% of the time it gets the job done. Im more happy that ford is interested in what real users have to say. Thanks for your time.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sidelock View Post
Hi,
Glad to have someone to ask questions.
Copied my music as mp3 into folders on my Mac then copied folders to a flash drive. Installed flash drive in console slot in my 2013 Screw. MFT/sync claims it can't read the "unrecognized" files. Please help, I can't play my stuff. Many thanks.

I'm happy to look into this further, sidelock. Where do you download music from? Are you using a password-protect thumb drive?

- Reply:
Thanks for the quick response.
My music has come from different sources over time. Some ripped from CD's, some purchased from iTunes store.
I have converted them to MPEG (Mp3) in iTunes on my Mac.
Then I copy them to several folders outside of iTunes.
Then I drag these folders into one called "Truck music"
Then I copy that folder to a 16 Gig flash drive.

Flash drive inserted into USB slot in console.
When I select USB option (either touch screen or steering wheel voice command), sometimes it will play one song continually.
More often it says it can't read the file and to use the browse function. Same problem when I try that.

Hope this explains things better. Thanks

I bet your flash drive is not formatted as a Windows drive (FAT, FAT32, or NTFS). I assume MFT only works with those since it's a Microsoft product after all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

SVTBuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Jaclyn. Welcome to FRF. I do have one recommendation that will help integrate you into the Raptor community, enable you to get valuable feedback for FMC, and help Raptor owners.... Please, please, please don't refer people to www.social.ford.com and say that's the best place to ask that question. It is not. FRF is. Raptor owners have specific questions that are most relevant to Raptor owners. Offroad Nav and TPMS data have special uses for Raptor owners that aren't applicable to Fusion owners or Mustang owners. Siphoning traffic over to the Ford social site does not benefit the Raptor community. I'm certainly not going to visit over there to see the answer to Vanilla Gorilla's questions. If you want to be a part of the Raptor community we will welcome you with open arms... here on FRF. If you just want to drive more eyeballs to Ford's social site, then neither we the Raptor community nor Ford will get the benefit of you getting input and responding directly here on FRF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the TPMS, my son had a 2008 chevy cobalt that would display the tire pressure. But a 50,000 + offroad truck does not? I'm kinda confused. I would think that would be a simple update since the truck already monitors it. Offroad Nav would be sweet, would everyone use it maybe not, how about make it an option like the front camera. That way if you need or want it you pay for it. And sorry but all the bells and wistles this thing has and no heated steering wheel?

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to agree with SVTBuckeye i can't even get on Social Ford and the last thing i want to do is have to go to another site. Like it's been said need a pressure read out for the TPMS. Offroad nav would be sweet and having the Center screen in the dash customizable by the user to display various temps, digital speedo,Tire pressure and others that the computer all ready monitors.