Im a newbie!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like your truck has some front suspension work since it is higher than the back. You will want to know more about that. It is more than the mid-perch.
Also, the front license plate holder is mounted wrong, so easy fix is just removing it.

OP
OP
javelinas_10

javelinas_10

Reaction score
WELCOME!!!!!!!

>>> Im pretty clueless for alot of the upgrades <<<
Don't worry! You'll have it figured out in another couple of weeks when the pocket book start looking anemic.
The Mods will never end!
N'Joy your ride.
Lmao!!! Yeah, im already trying to figure how many days i can skip meals to afford the tires and wheels i want

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

Welcome and glad to see another GEN1 owner. Year and miles. And yes it looks like a ****** Mary, hopefully for now. lol
Yes, i like the gen 1 better than the new ones out. Just couldnt come to terms with ever owning a V6. Its a 2013 with 75k miles. Only reason i did it was my buddy got me a great deal. He works at delearship and I have purchased all my vehicles from him. I got it for 37k. The guy who previously owned it was a mechanic at their delearship, and he upgraded to new model. Now all i need is to find a bunch of money for all the mods i wanna do lol

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

Looks like your truck has some front suspension work since it is higher than the back. You will want to know more about that. It is more than the mid-perch.
Also, the front license plate holder is mounted wrong, so easy fix is just removing it.
Thanks for that info, ive been recently reading up on that. Is there anything im able to physically see that will tell me what perch setting its at?

Last edited:

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lmao!!! Yeah, im already trying to figure how many days i can skip meals to afford the tires and wheels i want ��

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

Yes, i like the gen 1 better than the new ones out. Just couldnt come to terms with ever owning a V6. Its a 2013 with 75k miles. Only reason i did it was my buddy got me a great deal. He works at delearship and I have purchased all my vehicles from him. I got it for 37k. The guy who previously owned it was a mechanic at their delearship, and he upgraded to new model. Now all i need is to find a bunch of money for all the mods i wanna do lol

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

Thanks for that info, ive been recently reading up on that. Is there anything im able to physically see that will tell me what perch setting its at?

Just look at the front shocks. If the ring moved up and there is a groove below them, about an inch below, then they are set at mid perch.

OP
OP
javelinas_10

javelinas_10

Reaction score
Just look at the front shocks. If the ring moved up and there is a groove below them, about an inch below, then they are set at mid perch.
Thanks, appreciate the info. I work out the oilfield so im gone 2 weeks for work, so now im curious to know what perch its at now