IC shutters , remove ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve read they are closed quite often. Given that everyone says the stock IC is barely adequate would it be worth removing the shutters for the summer?

Last edited:

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No - The summer is actually when you need them. Ford designed these in and tested it that way. I think they know what they are doing with these.

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are for gas mileage / areo dynamics shit. Removed both of mine after purchase and never looked back. Was shooting the shit with a local Ford service guy at the dealership he told me that Ford actually told the dealer to remove them on a couple of hot running trucks! It gets up to 125 between Cali and AZ (Havasu) and I don't need closing shudders in front of my radiator / intercooler! If removing just leave the actuators in place so the computer stays happy.

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are for gas mileage / areo dynamics shit. Removed both of mine after purchase and never looked back. Was shooting the shit with a local Ford service guy at the dealership he told me that Ford actually told the dealer to remove them on a couple of hot running trucks! It gets up to 125 between Cali and AZ (Havasu) and I don't need closing shudders in front of my radiator / intercooler! If removing just leave the actuators in place so the computer stays happy.
You have not done your due diligence on this. Shameful to spew such shit rhetoric.
Ford has done a ton of work on this and those shutters are why you don’t have misfires. This replaces the idea that people had in pre-17 trucks by drilling the intercooler to drain it. Leaving the shutters in place is Ford’s way to tell you they have the intercooler moisture figured out.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
A few of the hotter climate Raps pulled the CAC shutters last year, let’s give hem a chance to chime in

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have not done your due diligence on this. Shameful to spew such shit rhetoric.
Ford has done a ton of work on this and those shutters are why you don’t have misfires. This replaces the idea that people had in pre-17 trucks by drilling the intercooler to drain it. Leaving the shutters in place is Ford’s way to tell you they have the intercooler moisture figured out.
Thanks for the ******** reply. So you’re saying Ford fixed the moisture issue by heating the IC to bo boil out the moisture …. Awesome

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
The shutters are 100% to improve fuel
mileage. Nothing else. Yes the Ford engineers are very smart and work based on mandatory requirements, NOT pure performance. The shutters limit performance in many situations, but fuel mileage costs Ford money where a small hit on performance costs nothing. Simply economics people.