Hows it Handling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2010 F-250 and think the Raptor handles much better. Rack and pinion on the raptor makes a big difference over the 250 which does not have it.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm coming from a 2500HD Z71 6.0L Crew cab. Giant mother ******* truck!!!

Raptor has more power, gets better mileage, has a much better ride, and is all around fun.

From this:

image-3115425396.jpg

To this:

image-3310812731.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm shopping for a '13 or '14 Raptor. Currently, I own a '05 f250 screw w/ 6.0 diesel, avg 12-13 mpg's. & about 6k miles/year.

All the reviews say is how awesome an off roader the raptor is. I need to know how does it do in real world conditions, bad weather, heavy traffic, interstate & "stop & go" type. I live in New England log most of my miles driving 6.5 hours North back & forth during the winter (sled season). Fuel economy is not a concern, as long as diesel costs more than gas. I regularly cruise @ 75-80 MPH, can the Raptor handle that for prolonged rides?

Best truck on road or off that I've ever owned or rode in, period!

Recently the 'other half' and I had to take a 4.5hr (each way) trip out to visit her parents. I suggested we take her 2012 Mustang 6'er sense it gets around (32-34 mpg) and rides really well for a Mustang. She wanted to take the Raptor (13-16mpg) and would pay for the gas because "It's like going down the road in your living room". :rotflmao:

debordj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me it is extremely awesome on trips. Lots of room and lux package is sweet. We used to have an expedition and loved it but this runs much better down road than that truck.

For the road, only thing I personally have ridden in that was smoother have been a 460 LS Lexus and a CTS Caddie.