Hows it Handling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Lab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm shopping for a '13 or '14 Raptor. Currently, I own a '05 f250 screw w/ 6.0 diesel, avg 12-13 mpg's. & about 6k miles/year.

All the reviews say is how awesome an off roader the raptor is. I need to know how does it do in real world conditions, bad weather, heavy traffic, interstate & "stop & go" type. I live in New England log most of my miles driving 6.5 hours North back & forth during the winter (sled season). Fuel economy is not a concern, as long as diesel costs more than gas. I regularly cruise @ 75-80 MPH, can the Raptor handle that for prolonged rides?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
It's a road trip machine. Around town it handles really well. Especially for its size. It'll rail around freeway on/off ramps with any other truck.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
handles great. i had no problem cruising at 85-90 from santa cruz ca, to ocotillo wells, (full day of offroading) to arizona to meet with aaron (another full day of offroading) and back to santa cruz ca in 3 days. a ton of miles, and no issues

bcjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for the long distance commute, but stopping and going on road/dirt/gravel is just fine. Little nose dive when braking if you leave it at stock perch.

MudButt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best handling truck you can drive for all conditions.
For a long drive, it's smooth as butter. Obviously can't tow as much as f250, but it handled a 3 day move for me just fine with a loaded uhaul through colorado mountains.
427892_10150654385567301_689909793_n.jpg

Last edited:

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm shopping for a '13 or '14 Raptor. Currently, I own a '05 f250 screw w/ 6.0 diesel, avg 12-13 mpg's. & about 6k miles/year.

All the reviews say is how awesome an off roader the raptor is. I need to know how does it do in real world conditions, bad weather, heavy traffic, interstate & "stop & go" type. I live in New England log most of my miles driving 6.5 hours North back & forth during the winter (sled season). Fuel economy is not a concern, as long as diesel costs more than gas. I regularly cruise @ 75-80 MPH, can the Raptor handle that for prolonged rides?

my 2011 and my 2013 handle me bombing down 495 doin 85 to work everyday and ive done a few 3 hr trips all highway doin 85 and it did fine... gas milage went down like 4mpg but thats stll almost 11mpg and i got where i was goin fast. the trucks great in the corners aswell. can rip off an offramp doin 65-70 with no tire squeal.

kickes ass in the snow didnt use 4wd once this winter.

where in new england are u. im in MA

Last edited:

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
We took ours on a 9 hour road trip one way round and about there another 200 miles or so then 9 hours back. Great ride and comfortable. Gas sucked a bit but then again we didn't buy it for the mpg lol. It's my weekly driver around torn and hubby's weekend offload vehicle and we are both happy with it. Went from an F150 to Raptor and will never go back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Toms

Reaction score
At lower speeds there is a stutter in the suspension on bumps and potholes. I driven the Raptor on a few 10+ hour roads trips since I bought it 6 months ago. It's nice on the highway and I encounted washed out highways with almost 30 inch of water forging. Severe storms so the tires are good at not hydroplaning.

I strongly suggest getting the AC seats. It's a life saver and you don't know what you're missing till you use it a few times. Windows down and seats on.

As for MPG, I wouldn't buy this truck if I was ever worried about that. Here in Canada I pay about $1.55/L. With the SCrew you get a 136L tank.

I owned three trucks
09' limited Tundra
10' 3500 Ram 6.7
99' Hummer H1 6.5 TD

The raptor trumps them all in comfort, day to day driving and fun.