How to Say "F U" to a BAD Dealer???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have also had way too many transactions at dealerships. I do research on new ones, figure out who the owner is (almost never deal with corporate entities, look for local dealers). I then make contact with the owner outside of the dealership (chamber of commerce, local biz groups, etc.) Get to know his business practices, and how he works. Then go buy a car, way different experience.

It's quite a bit of work, but if you find a good one you'll stick to him, and we won't come and go like sales managers/salesmen. Most owners also aren't worried about end of month totals unless they are in trouble, they can see further down the road and will want to build that relationship.

The thing I don't do is try to get every last nickel on that first or second or third deal. By the time we are talking about the 4,5, or 6th car the dealership is willing to work miracles for me.

One final word - cars with under 5k miles (unless a Ferrari, Lambo, or very exotic Porsche) do not every trade in, you'll get killed. The best way to do it is to find a private buyer and do an in/out thru the dealership for the tax credit. In Texas that sales tax credit can stay on the books for 18 months I believe. I always go thru my dealers when selling so I can keep that credit which on a raptor could be 5 to 6k (or a new set of ADD bumpers & lights)

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I want to see the garage and house that these rides you have are parked in :)

Squid 3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually had a good experience ant Koons. Drove 500+ miles to get my raptor. 20 minutes of haggling on line. no problems. I won't go back because I'm in Mass if that make any difference.

Don't yell at me.

OP
OP
mesposito

mesposito

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. In all my car buying I have never been that insulted on a trade. I have traded vehicles with 200 miles and ones with 50,000 miles. Sometimes the offer is above what I was thinking (rarely) but oftentimes it is a few thousand lower so that there is room for negotiation.

Anyway, love the Raptor. Took it up to some property we have in WV and turned it loose. Brought it back yesterday and gave it a good washing. While I was detailing it a young guy drove by and screamed out "I love your truck". Things like that make it all worth it.

I think I am going to move forward with a letter to the owner and to Ford. I agree that the surveys they sound out are vital but you can't get one of those unless you buy the vehicle from that dealer. Not sure if a letter will wind up in the trash can but it's worth a shot.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally...I do my own oil changes. So I will show up to the offending stealership with the vehicle to pick up the oil and oil filter. I make sure that the sales manager or dealership manager are there and let them know that their salesman lost them the sale. For instance, I searched the local dealerships in Austin (all of whom I hate), found the exact F350 I wanted, called a buddy of mine up out of Georgia. Gave him the VIN #, he called my local dealer, did a dealer to dealer buy (invoice), called me up 20 minutes later and said I could go pick up my new truck. I showed up 20 minutes later to pick it up, let the local dealership know that I was the end user and then the sales manager asked why I didn't buy it directly from them. Then I gave them my story. They knew they had ****** up. I felt great because not only did I pay 500.00 over invoice but they lost the sale on the truck. To top it all off, I had them remove all their stupid dealership stickers before telling them the story.

This is why I deal with Randy instead of my local dealerships in Nashville too. Customer service is everything to me.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a Raptor pre-ordered with a dealer back home before I got mine. The dealership had a rule that any SVT that hit their lot was going to get a minimum $10K ADM and it didn't matter if it was dealer stock or paid customer order. I wasn't going to pay that so I canceled my order and a few months later after Dodge ****** over on a SRT8 Challenger I ordered my current Raptor through the military sales program and sent my truck that dealer because I could. For those not familiar with the military sales program the dealership is used as a place to pickup the vehicle and finish up some of the paperwork if needed but the vehicle is sold and all the dealership can do is a PDI and park the car out back for it to picked up. Hence why I sent my truck there because they couldn't mess with the price and they had a truck on the lot that they couldn't sell.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a Raptor pre-ordered with a dealer back home before I got mine. The dealership had a rule that any SVT that hit their lot was going to get a minimum $10K ADM and it didn't matter if it was dealer stock or paid customer order. I wasn't going to pay that so I canceled my order and a few months later after Dodge ****** over on a SRT8 Challenger I ordered my current Raptor through the military sales program and sent my truck that dealer because I could. For those not familiar with the military sales program the dealership is used as a place to pickup the vehicle and finish up some of the paperwork if needed but the vehicle is sold and all the dealership can do is a PDI and park the car out back for it to picked up. Hence why I sent my truck there because they couldn't mess with the price and they had a truck on the lot that they couldn't sell.

ha ha ha ya got to love that!!! Nice!!!