Hood vent replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marine5804

Reaction score
I have the carbon fiber hood insert, side vents, and fender flares. All of them are fading after about 2 to 3 years of sunlight. I pulled the hood insert, sanded, recoated with clear uv rated spray paint but it didn't even last a year. Any tips?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the carbon fiber hood insert, side vents, and fender flares. All of them are fading after about 2 to 3 years of sunlight. I pulled the hood insert, sanded, recoated with clear uv rated spray paint but it didn't even last a year. Any tips?
Have a true automotive clear sprayed on them and shortly treat with a ceramic coating. Think that’s about all you can do.

k3k0a808

Reaction score
The plastic on my 2020 started to look old, cleaned them up real good with chemical guys wax/oil remover, then used this cerakote trim coat. https://a.co/d/4dPDkRi I did this to my Tundra and Tacoma, and almost year later they still looked like the day i did them. Theres some reviews of how the finish comes out un-even, but i found that you need to scrub/distribute the product on till the pad is almost dry, then use the almost dry pad to even out the sheen, it comes out great. Gives the plastic a slight gloss and makes the plastic very hydrophobic too...

IMG_2486.jpeg
IMG_2483.jpeg

Last edited:

Raptor812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plastic on my 2020 started to look old, cleaned them up real good with chemical guys wax/oil remover, then used this cerakote trim coat. https://a.co/d/4dPDkRi I did this to my Tundra and Tacoma, and almost year later they still looked like the day i did them. Theres some reviews of how the finish comes out un-even, but i found that you need to scrub/distribute the product on till the pad is almost dry, then use the almost dry pad to even out the sheen, it comes out great. Gives the plastic a slight gloss and makes the plastic very hydrophobic too...

View attachment 391312
I might have to give this a shot on mine. I coated my with ceramic back in the summer and it now has a slight white haze to it.