High Mileage 2013? What to worry about?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
link to truck:

2013 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, $37,000 - Cars.com

SO I stumbled upon a 2013 supercrew with 90k miles on it today. Says it was a business vehicle and they were highway miles commuting back and forth to west Tx. It was priced at 37k which seems like a fair-ish price but of course if I could get it lower that'd be ideal

has:
-ADD Venom front and rear bumpers
-Rigid LED lights front and rear
-RECON 10,500 Lb winch with synthetic fair lead and remote control
-AirRAID intake
-Corsa exhaust
-Geiser Brothers progressive rate springs and 1" front lift
-RPG billet tie rods
-method standard (polished, i'd probably have then powdered black)

It's located in Tx, i'm in Va, so shipping cost would factor in as well. I like some of the mods that were done (bumpers are eh, I'm a big fan of the Rogue Renegade), at the same time something seems off so definitely some cosmetic tweaks (wheels ASAP, maybe plasti-dip until I have enough down time to get the wheels powdered).

But here's the real dilemma. I've really been looking for a 13-14 with 30-40k miles, but I can't afford one yet and I'm impatient lol. I want to stick to a 13+ for the HID headlights and updated interior. I'm just wondering if there are a lot of little things that start to go wrong around 100k miles and if I'll be kicking myself for buying a high mileage one instead of waiting a while longer and getting one that hasn't been used as much. He doesn't have anything listed about shocks being rebuilt, so probably have to factor that in as well. Also wondering if i'll be kicking myself if the 17'***** the lots and the gen1 raptors drop a couple thousand in value (I realize no one can predict the future, so not trying to start a debate on that point).

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would def get a good look at it. Kinda hard though as you're quite a ways away. Those are pretty tasteful mods and not just your street queen wanna look cool raptors. I'd be willing to bet it's not just a highway truck. Might do some digging and see if it's a members truck.

Contact us today for the incredible Rogue Racing New Year's front bumper specials!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

OP
OP
O2ShootTheJ

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I have friends scattered around in texas where I could get someone to take a look for me. Or worst case scenario, inspection companies charge like $125 to go do a very thorough inspection and test drive and e-mail you a full report w/ pictures etc. But you're right definitely not daily driver mods

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand the impatience. However, it's never a bad thing to take your time looking for the right vehicle. Especially when it's a car/truck that was made to be pushed hard.

Spent almost a year looking for a Shelby, and 9 months for my Raptor. Glad I didn't settle along the way.

Enigma94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can't afford the truck you really want with the mileage you want you really should wait. It sounds like a lot of the mods, although tasteful and not bad parts, aren't really what you want. So you're paying for something you'll end up replacing anyways.

My personal opinion is the higher mileage and older gen1's will be hit the hardest when the gen2s Come out. People who really LOVE the gen1s will be looking for lower mileage examples, unless budget is a factor like it is for you.

I say wait, a decent mileage 13/14 can be had in the mid 40s so you're close!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Carfax is clean and it was registered as a personal vehicle. And it seems strange that it was a business vehicle with all these off-road related mods.

Last edited:

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carfax is clean and it was registered as a personal vehicle. And it seems strange that it was a business vehicle with all these off-road related mods.

I was thinking the same thing regarding the mods on a "business travel vehicle". I can see appearance mods like a wrap or something, but not the stuff listed above necessarily.

OP
OP
O2ShootTheJ

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can't afford the truck you really want with the mileage you want you really should wait. It sounds like a lot of the mods, although tasteful and not bad parts, aren't really what you want. So you're paying for something you'll end up replacing anyways.

My personal opinion is the higher mileage and older gen1's will be hit the hardest when the gen2s Come out. People who really LOVE the gen1s will be looking for lower mileage examples, unless budget is a factor like it is for you.

I say wait, a decent mileage 13/14 can be had in the mid 40s so you're close!

yea you're right. I'll keep saving, hoping to pick one up around August when the 17's start hitting the road. Maybe they'll be down to high 30's by then. Theres a '13 with 50k miles thats been sitting at 44k BIN for a while.

I was thinking the same thing regarding the mods on a "business travel vehicle". I can see appearance mods like a wrap or something, but not the stuff listed above necessarily.

I can see that, but my dad also buys a lot of his trucks through his business and mods them to his liking. So I didn't see it as too suspicious. But the guy never messaged me back anyways so who knows

silverworx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That truck is teasing to check out, there might be other few persons interested in it. I would move on and keep looking.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Patience is the path brother...especially if money is a problem! Get the money in order and then figure out the best option after that IMO (especially if you have a clearance). There is always more cool toys coming and they will be there when you are ready