Hey Lowrance Elite-5m Baja owners...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How are you adding maps? Specifically I'm interested in loading up topos, but it looks like the only way to do it is to use Lowrance's now discontinued MapCreate software? Am I missing something?

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
You are correct big j. Call pci race radios or search eBay. I know pci sells maps and I have seen them on eBay too.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah this whole thing kind of ticks me off. Lowrance continues to sell the Elite 5M Baja, but discontinues and stops selling the software needed to really take advantage of it? Seems kinda screwed up.

Having said that, I was able to score a new MapCreate 50 States install plus SD reader/writer for $70. Hopefully that'll be the ticket.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Yeah this whole thing kind of ticks me off. Lowrance continues to sell the Elite 5M Baja, but discontinues and stops selling the software needed to really take advantage of it? Seems kinda screwed up.

Having said that, I was able to score a new MapCreate 50 States install plus SD reader/writer for $70. Hopefully that'll be the ticket.

I'll buy some programming off of you at the run.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, ran into the same thing... No software!

My buddy found a website that sells the Mapcreate 7 software new for a good price, they must have some left!

I'll ask him for the link, in case others need it.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll buy some programming off of you at the run.
LOL I'm not sure what that means yet, but nah no buying needed. Happy to share if it helps. :)

Yep, ran into the same thing... No software!

My buddy found a website that sells the Mapcreate 7 software new for a good price, they must have some left!

I'll ask him for the link, in case others need it.
How do you like it after having used the software Blue? More gooder?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you bought one of these Lowrance units? Did it come with the software? Where'd you mount that box err GPS unit, on the dash?

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I looked at the Lowrance Baja a couple of years ago... even back then software and map support was sketchy.

They used to carry the Baja version at Bass Pro. It was discontinued, according to the manager of the department, because of the lack of "off road" map support. He told me Lowrance had decided to concentrate on their waterways maps and let the land maps die off. That's when I decided not to buy. Even though it does look like an awesome GPS!