Help! Water leak problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
it wont leak through the headliner. it will follow the drain tube and reach the floor. you can pull the headliner down a little bit. have some take a hose and rinse off the top of the truck and look if you can see water coming in.
that’s exactly happened to mine. 2018 as well. After heavy rains the passenger front door would have water down in the threshold and would cause the carpet to get wet if full enough. Then water would drip out of the passenger grab handle. My truck was under 100K premiumcare warranty but Ford doesn’t cover water leaks, LOL, what a JOKE! In any event, they wanted like $350 just to TRY and find it. I went to YouTube and determined the sun-roof drain on the passenger side had popped loose. Removed the passenger side mirror, pulled the headliner down and saw sure enough that the drain tube came loose, put it back in and zip tied it to make sure it would stay. Problem solved.

Mr JT

Reaction score
If the rockers are filling with water and the carpets are wet by the doors then the sun roof drain is detached.

I have a 2017 raptor and fixed it myself.
Remove the plastic trim from the headliner to the floor and you’ll see a black hose drain. They frequently come out of the hole in the floor where they’re supposed to drain out.
I added a piece of hose to the existing hose and ran it thru the hole in the floor where the factor hose went and zip tied it to the frame underneath.
Problem solved…