Help!!! Smoke after Long Idle and Purple Fluid Viscous Fluid on Garage Floor on 18 SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iannecj

Reaction score
HELP!!!Smoke after Long Idle and Leak of Purple Fluid Viscous Fluid on Garage Floor

After sitting in the truck at idle for an hour my 2018 SCREW Raptor starting putting out smoke out of driver tail pipe.

This smoke has an odor and when driving it can be extensive. At its worst its a pretty solid off white. It does not seem to subside now overnight and after short drives and I am seeing a leak of purplish liquid on garage floor pretty far back along where the truck parks, maybe 5-6 ft off of front bumper and slightly more toward driver side. I don't see a fluid leak under the truck anywhere but but its there. This fluid on is easy to see on my epoxyed garage floor and is a light viscosity purple fluid.

In the linked videos you can see smoke after I got it home...initially and on the road smoke was way worse. After home and stopped for some time (during video) better but does not stop. At higher RPMs more smoke.

You can also see the fluid in these videos.

Also I just had a 50k mile service at Ford about a week ago where they changed oil with synthetic, reprogrammed controller for cam phaser rattle, transmission fluid removal and replacement with low viscous ATF, front differential remove old fluid and replace with 75W90, rear differential remove and replace fluid, transfer case service for a whopping $900.

Oh and no check engine or any other indication in the cab....no related trouble codes when looking at OBD dongle (just past module to module comm loss errors on the Powertrain Control Module).

Any clues on what this might be?

Thanks guys! Very concerned here.

-C

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've read where another member mentioned smoke after idling for a long time, but it went away. The vidoes say "this video is not available"

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. Looks like condensation to me as well and they probably spilled fluid somewhere. Have you crawled under the truck to see if anything is dripping? Did you clean the fluid up to only have it return or did it stay clean?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like trans fluid. I would look for any signs of leak there. If that’s all the smoke, I would think it’s just condensation.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
The exhaust smoke is normal after idling for a long time. Sucks, but it will happen on these trucks. It's happened to me a few times. I don't worry about it. Should go away within a mile of driving or so.

On the fluid, I would guess the dealer over filled your transmission. It is easy to do apparently from reading about issues folks have had here. I tried to check the fluid level on mine, it's difficult. I would take it back and have them double check the tranny fluid level.