Help on SPST relay to connect light bar to high beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nermol

Reaction score
Agreed. I used Delcity 73990 NC/NO Change Over Relay w/Diode, 30/50A, 12V DC, about $9 ea. Hi-tech, low maintenance as they say...
Sorry for kicking an old thread but this conversation thread is the only useful one I could find on this topic on FRF

Is there a reason you used the relay 73990 with 85 as positive instead of 73986 with 85 as ground? 73986 seems to be the more common configuration.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Szabo Mihaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to wire in some new off road lights triggered by the high beam circuit on a 2020 Raptor?? I’ve been trying to find where to grab the high beam trigger for my relay. It looks like I have to tear apart the front end of the truck just to try to get behind the passenger headlight to get that trigger. Anyone found a way to do this without tearing the truck apart?? High beam trigger on the firewall or drivers side that is easy to get to??? Not much info out there for the 2020. Help!!
You don't need to tear apart anything. Just need to remove the connector from headlight and pull up. Is little short, but you van connect there easily. Is a pink wire on 2019. On right side head light.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need to tear apart anything. Just need to remove the connector from headlight and pull up. Is little short, but you van connect there easily. Is a pink wire on 2019. On right side head light.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

It's much easier to work with connector on driver's side headlight. Remove air intake (one screw), and plenty of room there to connect anything you like.