Help: How to drop screw headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ftera

Ftera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image-154718849.jpg

You could barely see the jack nut. Point of the picture is to show what I had to drill thru to get my bolts thru. And initially the plan was just to add washers and nuts but there was no way to do so.

you can also see why I dont have full faith in them. Jack nut they supply spiders out as you tighten it down. I practiced a few times (gobi supplies you with a few extras and a piece of steel) and the magic number was 8 revolutions for a perfect fit before you damage it. Even with all that practice ..... look at the "spider", it already had started pulling itself out a bit. No way that was going to hold up to what I wanted to to do. Now, for those adding a rack to run around town, I think this would be just fine. For those who like to bang around, I call FAILURE>

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ftera

Ftera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image-1985571264.jpg

This the the last Bt towards the rear of our trucks. No way to slip a washer and nut. I must have lost a few pints of blood figuring that out. Then came the hole saw and with much despair, got it right. Then no worries.