Help Deciding on a Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback!

hagak: Somehow I missed or forgot about the Diamondback, I just don't remember seeing that. It looks like it could be a more interesting option. Would you happen to have pictures of your Raptor with it? I'd love to get a visual. Also, is there anything you don't like about it?

I liked the function of the Roll-x, but worry about the longevity with more moving parts.

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Roll-X because I needed to access the front for the tote and cans on the bed cage. It stayed on at TRR but I modded mine. :)

Guess the question we need is what are you looking for in a cover to accomplish for you?

What did you mod? I am looking at these two covers as well and want a cover that can hold up to occasional off-roading. Thanks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

What did you mod? I am looking at these two covers as well and want a cover that dan hold up to occasional off-roading. Thanks

I screwed some self taping screws on each side and in the middle, then used a couple wire ties with some chain to keep the cover on the bed plus added additional security otherwise it is easy to break into.

EDIT: Found my old thread, shows that I first was looking how to make it more secure but it also keeps the cover on, kinda. Cover has never came off but the two hinges that lock it down have released when off-roading but the chains kept it from flying off. There was some slight damage that occurred to the cover. Since then I installed bed stabilizers and that has helped it almost completely. There is lot of side bed flexing and keeping the bed sides from moving helps keep it latched.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/bak-roll-x-secure-i-think-not-33173/#post662421

Post #16 in the thread shows how I tied it down.

Last edited by a moderator:

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really have no complaints with the diamondback. The hardest part of the install was adjusting the lock rods. Manual states have a buddy compress the rubber seals while you adjust, I did this solo by using 75 pounds of lead shot:). It was difficult to close at first but after a week or so it became much easier, basically the rubber seals have to form to your truck.

I do not have any pics of my truck but diamondback has many raptors with it installed, and I believe another member has posted some pics.

acremer24

Reaction score
I have been running the BakFlip F1, Bedrug combo. No issues at TRR last year. The BakFlip also does a nice job with the Florida rain.

Jcv838

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the undercover flex on autoanything.com. Like the little extras it has compared to the BAK F1.They have it 10% off. Talked to the rep and he gave me an additional 15% off. Was debating on this one and the bak F1, but felt at $628 couldn't pass it up.