Helmet Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Some events will require DOT approved and others Snell. I got a Snell because they are all DOT approved too. I went with the Scorpion EXO R410 but I would rather have an open face one. But even though these events require you to have a helmet, I've never seen them actually check anyones helmet even if they say upfront that they will.

Last edited by a moderator:

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I use an HJC AR10 II closed face helmet. It is Snell SA2010 rated which means I can use it at the drag strip and events like the Texas Mile. The HJC Motorsports helmets fit very similarly to their motorcycle helmets.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
marcj33 - Additionally, make a run up to Sportbike Track Gear in Shelby Twp (26 Mile and Mound Rd) and those guys will get you properly fitted for a helmet (they cater to motorcyclists but have access to plenty of lids that can be used for offroad motorsports as well).

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
marcj33 - Additionally, make a run up to Sportbike Track Gear in Shelby Twp (26 Mile and Mound Rd) and those guys will get you properly fitted for a helmet (they cater to motorcyclists but have access to plenty of lids that can be used for offroad motorsports as well).

Thank you! Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is pic of the AFX FX-76 MCQ Helmet I bought. An entry level DOT approved brain bucket.

Attachments

• FX76.jpg
    FX76.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 175