Heavy Console Lid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already made fun of myself for this, but thanks.

It's amazing how many people just love accepting incompetence and ******** quality these days because how dare you be so audacious as to at least ASK to get what you paid for? You guys let the waiter spit in your food and just eat it, too? What happened to the grumpy old guys who cared about details? Seems like a bunch of kids who only care if it "looks cool." I do want more and I'm not apologizing.
You are complaining about a spring in a center console lid on a truck that can run the Baja stock. You are claiming Ford is incompetent for that? I joke with you because it's asinine in comparison. No car ever manufactured is perfect. You think old Mopars and muscle cars were flawlessly designed? As someone who has restored old cars I can guarantee you that isn't the case. You are bitching about a frivolous issue like it's some major flaw.

Are you going to start buying cars based on center console spring rate? Lol

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mistake was making the stupid work station basically "standard equipment" on Raptor's. Whole premise and application is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist IMO.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of people use their trucks for work and that flat surface is really nice for lap top use. Sharing parts reduces cost. If they made the trucks just for flying thru the desert there would be no need for many features. It would be cool if they made a minimalist truck just street legal but nothing else not for off-road.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people use their trucks for work and that flat surface is really nice for lap top use. Sharing parts reduces cost. If they made the trucks just for flying thru the desert there would be no need for many features. It would be cool if they made a minimalist truck just street legal but nothing else not for off-road.
I use my truck for work, Laptop still works best for me on top of the center console closed because of the height. But everyone will be different I get that, I'm just saying I don't find it or the retractable gear shift lever as "necessary" features, just added cost and parts to fail/cause problems.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use my truck for work, Laptop still works best for me on top of the center console closed because of the height. But everyone will be different I get that, I'm just saying I don't find it or the retractable gear shift lever as "necessary" features, just added cost and parts to fail/cause problems.
Agree and think a Yeti cooler in its place would be more useful than a junk holder I use it for.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The mistake was making the stupid work station basically "standard equipment" on Raptor's. Whole premise and application is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist IMO.
kind of like the moonroof.
If the Raptor came in 801 trim with basic leather heated and cooled seats, center console delete, rear seat delete, sync delete, no sound deadening and a regular key to start the truck we would have more Raptors in the hands of people who actually did Raptor things with their Raptors instead of posing at starbucks.

Agree and think a Yeti cooler in its place would be more useful than a junk holder I use it for.
I mean... That’s not a bad plan.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I already made fun of myself for this, but thanks.

It's amazing how many people just love accepting incompetence and ******** quality these days because how dare you be so audacious as to at least ASK to get what you paid for? You guys let the waiter spit in your food and just eat it, too? What happened to the grumpy old guys who cared about details? Seems like a bunch of kids who only care if it "looks cool." I do want more and I'm not apologizing.

SO make your dissatisfaction known by not buying what you feel is an inferior product. No one forced you to buy your truck.

Yes I feel the lid is heavy and biased towards closing, but it is so minor that i'll deal with it in order to enjoy my ride

Vote with your wallet or shut the fück up

Reaction score
SO make your dissatisfaction known by not buying what you feel is an inferior product. No one forced you to buy your truck.

Yes I feel the lid is heavy and biased towards closing, but it is so minor that i'll deal with it in order to enjoy my ride

Vote with your wallet or shut the fück up
Why do you give a shit if I take my truck to the dealership? What a bunch of rednecks.