Heavy Console Lid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grussell

Reaction score
I've got an issue with the operation of the center console lid in that it doesn't seem to have any spring tension to support it while its up in position. I understand that the lid is quite heavy with the integrated "desk" but it seems like the spring is not taking any of the load to assist. The spring seems to be intact and not broken but I wanted to see if anyone else has this issue and what possible remedies there may be.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
The lid is terrible. At any degree minus level, it falls closed on its own. I've seen a video where someone installed spacers near the springs to increase tension, but nothing other than that.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've owned a number of BMWs and was never a fan of their butterfly opening center console. After dealing with big heavy covers that don't stay up, I can see their benefit. That said, I rarely open my center console and so really haven't noticed. If you look on youtube you will see multiple vids of people installing spring lift assists on big rifle cases. I'd thing it would be easy to do to the lid on Raptor.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this on mine but it took $0.20 in Nickels, one under each end of the two springs. I’d suggest using a small Vise-Grip to grab the spring ends to pry them up to put the spacer in rather than using an awl or screwdriver. Was a lot easier and less risky to your fingers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter