Heat not working?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So. It snowed all day and I remote started my truck, heat obviously worked as it melted some of the snow, I cleared it off and went to the gym.

I remote started my truck at the gym, got in and it was cold inside, made 2 phone calls and didn't warm up. I drove through the parking lot as in not touching the gas to the other side where my friend was and talked.

On the idle over I felt heat then when I stopped the heat stopped and we froze our asses off in the truck as it was a balmy -2*. For ***** and giggles I drove/idled around the building riding the brake the whole time and it instantly poured heat up to set point.

The fan is blowing as normal but the heat will only come out if the truck is moving. When stopped it blows lots of cold air..

Any ideas before I snap? Doesn't make sense to me.

jacobp

Reaction score
Is the heat coming out of both the driver and passenger? I had a problem with mine where neither the heat nor ac would work on drivers side. The fan would blow but it didn't matter what temperature it was set to. Everything was still fine on the passenger side though. Mine ended up being the blender motor. The dealer had to replace it for me.

OP
OP
CP RAPTOR

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is blowing cold on both sides. It has never been off auto and the passenger control wasn't on for an easy 6 months since Ive used the ac and my wife was cold.

I Find it odd that it is obviously making heat and the blower works and blasting cold air all over me but it just won't give me hot air until the truck is moving but not even fast. Only idling. I get the whole blender thing but I don't think this is the case as nothing changes except for the vehicle moving or sitting which gives me instant heat.

OP
OP
CP RAPTOR

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ran it in the driveway for 30 minutes with nothing. Cleared my windows, drove the length of my driveway and was blowing hot air for me to wheel it on in the garage, cause you know we're getting another 12" on March 27 for Eff sakes.

You know you're spoiled by first world problems when it's cold in your truck when you first get in and it's a problem lol. Good thing I already had an appointment Monday for a list of nuisance issues.

OP
OP
CP RAPTOR

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@J. Wolfe nailed it. Coolant was low due to a leak in to cylinder 8. We all know what that means..... Sigh... I have a phobia about driving engines that have been opened up.

It's staying at the dealer of course. My extended warranty won't cover the steering wheel as I'm at 60,914km. Ends at 69 but have been trying to get in for two months yet they keep pushing my appointment back. They tell me seepage is normal for the shocks per Ford (********) and the rental they owe me for the warranty policy which covers a rental they "may not be able to get" !

The rear defogger is toast on the window end and she has to see if it's covered. It ******* better be so far all 4 issues haven't been utilized in the extended warranty that I paid for. Pathetic service Ford. And this is the "good" local dealer

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

@ford service ^^ do you deal with the Canadian side of things???!!!

Last edited:

FordServiceCA

Ford Professional
Reaction score
@J. Wolfe...It's staying at the dealer of course. My extended warranty won't cover the steering wheel as I'm at 60,914km...

I'm happy to assist, CP RAPTOR. Please PM your VIN, daytime phone number, registered name on the vehicle, and dealer info; I'll escalate your concerns to the regional customer service manager.

Kwasi