GPS Units

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I have been mulling over getting a GPS unit for quite a while. One of the things I would really like is a unit that does both Topo and Street navigation and allow uploads / downloads of GPS tracks. Some of the Garmin chartplotters can do this, but the ones that are rated the best are discontinued and it seems like all of the ones I might be interested in start at over $500 - a bit more than I would really want to pay. What is everyone running, why did you pick it and how much did it cost?

Last edited:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I have been mulling over getting a GPS unit for quite a while. One of the things I would really like is a unit that does both Topo and Street navigation and allow uploads / downloads of GPS tracks. Some of the Garmin chartplotters can do this, but the ones that are rated the best are discontinued and it seems like all of the ones I might be interested in start at over $500 - a bit more than I would really want to pay. What is everyone running, why did you pick it and how much did it cost?

X2
Subscribed

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need one for the Texas run, or I will end up in Canada..

-Greg

No kidding. Same here. Although, I did figure that If we could all caravan around the first lap at a slow pre run speed we could use the factory nav to drop "bread crumbs" along the course so that on subsequent laps we'll know which way to go.

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run a Lowrance HDS-5 Baja with an LGC-4000 biscuit. Buy Once, Cry Once....