Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I truly believe much of this is up to the dealer and which one they put through first. That's just an opinion

I think you are correct, I was first in line at my dealer and I am fairly certain they've let others jump me in line since I don't have a build date yet.

They've told me they have 15 allocations and I'm now next in line.

I'm not pissed as I expect shenanigans where $$ are at stake, I just wish I could get a straight story. In fairness, I've not put a deposit down and am not paying a red cent over MSRP.

Last edited:

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford just told me it'll be built the week of December 5. I guess I'll get it around Christmas.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I truly believe much of this is up to the dealer and which one they put through first. That's just an opinion
I agree a lot of it is, but not mine. I know the manager personally. I refered the second allocation to another fella on a different forum. There was a hold on my allocation for some reason or another.

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the source (facebook, instragram) for updates matters... I use the owner.ford.com site --- I'm a Luddite RE social media and refuse to join...

I asked for an update earlier this afternoon---

"Your patience is appreciated Alan. I am showing that your vehicle is currently In Production. I am showing that your vehicle is scheduled to arrive on October 28, 2016. Please allow your dealership 2-3 business days to inspect and prep your vehicle after delivery. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?"

I don't know if they don't have updated info or not (RE the axle delay rumor/story). We'll see. My window sticker lists a 10/20 build date (although I am aware that may change).

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a dealer today , semi local, with an allocation of 3 and no orders. Wondering if I should take a chance and cancel my other order and go for it. Sigh.... don't know.

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the source (facebook, instragram) for updates matters... I use the owner.ford.com site --- I'm a Luddite RE social media and refuse to join...

I asked for an update earlier this afternoon---

"Your patience is appreciated Alan. I am showing that your vehicle is currently In Production. I am showing that your vehicle is scheduled to arrive on October 28, 2016. Please allow your dealership 2-3 business days to inspect and prep your vehicle after delivery. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?"

I don't know if they don't have updated info or not (RE the axle delay rumor/story). We'll see. My window sticker lists a 10/20 build date (although I am aware that may change).

How do you chat with Ford at the owner.ford.com website? I'm beginning to think that the social media Ford service doesn't even bother to actually check the status 100% of the time.
Thanks

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you chat with Ford at the owner.ford.com website? I'm beginning to think that the social media Ford service doesn't even bother to actually check the status 100% of the time.
Thanks

I'm almost 7 weeks with nothing...I'm hoping for that magical call from my dealer saying it's here and Ford service knows nothing lol. I'm an optimist :biggrin:

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a dealer today , semi local, with an allocation of 3 and no orders. Wondering if I should take a chance and cancel my other order and go for it. Sigh.... don't know.

You should ask them when the first allocation will be picked up. I know they spread them out over the year.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a question, any Canadians getting build dates through ford service Canada on Facebook? If not that source, what are you using? May try just ford service rather than the Canadian version...