Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, I was wondering if they spread the allocations over the year compared to other F150's or if they took orders based on priority. I would think all of the retail Raptor orders would be priority over the stock f150's, hence they'd be here sooner than later but not the case if they're spread over the year.

I doubt the Raptor production is going to be different than the past process with say Cobras and then Shelbys. They mix the production through out the year. Many things factor in to why they do that. They still need to stock the dealers with the main line product because that is a much bigger bulk of their business than the Raptor is. So they won't just build all retails orders first. Then there are a lot of other factors involved with the production span such as supply of components to build the truck, numbers of specific options that they'll need like bead lock wheels for example, plus total production numbers. I'd imagine if demand continues they will produce larger numbers of the truck, if demand starts to drop off they'll back down on projected numbers. Ford wants the hype and craze in the market for products like this. They will try and walk a fine line of producing just enough units to keep the hype up but not end up having the units sitting in numbers on dealers lots. As much as the consumer hates to hear this when a product has more demand than supply and people are waiting in line and/or paying over MSRP it builds brand value for the entire market line. I've heard that from Ford multiple times over the years at product training events. I just heard it again recently when I did the Shelby GT350 track experience. I asked about them building the GT350 again for 2018 and was told they won't make that decision or commitment until they see how well the 17's do. Again they said they don't want them sitting stagnant on dealers lot.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.riffsy.gif

How is it that when a car salesman posts on a forum, he goes from being the least trustworthy human on the planet to being some valuable insider source of info?

As bad of a rap as the car salesman have there are a lot of good ones out there. Unfortunately it's weighted much heavier with bad one's.

I actually got into the car business at a very young age because I always hated the car dealership experience. My philosophy was if I could treat people like I'd like to be treated I'd have to be successful. 30 years later I'm still going strong and at the same dealership I started with. A lot of that has to do with me researching a lot of dealerships before I chose which one to go work for in the beginning.

I came here to learn anything additional I can about the product and also try and help provide any insight I could from the dealerships perspective. All of our allocation is spoke for at this point so I didn't come here with the intention of trying to sell anything.

I started a process at our dealership about 13 or 14 years ago for specialty units like this. When we have a customer come in and inquire about a unit that may be coming to production we put that person on a list with his name, phone number, salesman he is dealing with and date he inquired. Once we find out details of production numbers, pricing and allocation we make a decision about what we are doing with pricing of the unit/s. At that point we start down the list. We call the first customer, give them details of what we know, pricing info and then a couple of days to decide if they are taking one. Then we move on to the next customer on the list and continue down until we are out of allocation. We do as soon as we have ordering information from Ford so each buyer can order their unit the way they want it. That process has worked great for us.

Last edited:

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer still has 10 left of 22, I think there will be raptors on the lots for sure. They also happen to have 4 GT350's sitting in the showroom with no owners and won't budge from MSRP

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I have a build date of the week of the 24th of October and scheduled to the 29th of October I still want get my truck till next year? I am the 1st of 4 allotments at my dealer. Can you clear this up for me?

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So if I have a build date of the week of the 24th of October and scheduled to the 29th of October I still want get my truck till next year? I am the 1st of 4 allotments at my dealer. Can you clear this up for me?

Pending no delays from productions, quality issues or shipping you will definitely see your truck before next year. with a build date of the week of Oct 24th you should see your truck around possibly mid Nov. I would imagine the Raptor will only fit on the top rack of the car carriers so it may cause a slightly longer shipping window that regular F150's. Your dealer should get an ETA for your truck in the next couple weeks if it's scheduled already.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

My dealer still has 10 left of 22, I think there will be raptors on the lots for sure. They also happen to have 4 GT350's sitting in the showroom with no owners and won't budge from MSRP

I agree there will eventually be Raptors on the lots. Ford has said they want to build enough of these to meet demand. It may happen mid year, it may not happen until the end of the year and it may not happen until next year. Only time will tell.

We never had a Gen 1 raptor sit on the lot for very long. Most of them were sold before we got them. But we also never got very many of them. But they were out because I was able to dealer traded a few of them in for customers.

I sold one lady 4 Gen 1 Raptors and when I couldn't get any more late in 14' I sent her to another dealer and she bought 2 from them

uppitycitizen

Reaction score
Temp vin means partial vin. The order has been pulled for scheduling but hasn't received an exact build week yet. You should know the scheduled build week within about a week.

So with what we know for those who've gotten build weeks, I'm probably mid to late October yeah? What are you seeing?

I sold one lady 4 Gen 1 Raptors and when I couldn't get any more late in 14' I sent her to another dealer and she bought 2 from them

Damn, was she exporting them? I bet she was either Chinese or Middle Eastern.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So with what we know for those who've gotten build weeks, I'm probably mid to late October yeah? What are you seeing?

Damn, was she exporting them? I bet she was either Chinese or Middle Eastern.

I'm pretty sure they were being exported. I ran the vin #'s a few times to see if the got titled anywhere and they didn't.