Got my truck back from line-x.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came out beautiful they did the wheel wells, rockers under the doors, and the bed. Had a little sticker shock when I went to pick it up, I thought it was gonna be around 1,200 came out to 1,700 but it looks great so i guess its worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379681684878.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379681684878.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 172

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great man. Did you get a quote for $1200 and then have to pay $1700 because I would be pissed they didn't tell you about the price change.

Dan,
I for one didn't pay $60,000 for my truck. Way to make an assumption. And what you're telling everyone is you have enough money to throw away that you will pay $500 over the asking price of anything you buy for the truck and be OK with it. If the gas station pump said $80 and when you went inside the dude at the counter said $580 would you be OK with that? I don't think so, and if so you're an idiot. Not everyone is rich, and even the (self made) rich will tell you they didn't get that way by spending money frivolously.

I apologize for my rant but you're phrase pissed me off. Good day.

OP
OP
2004boss

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I guess we had a misunderstanding. The big ticket item was the "prep" work for the rockers. It was $490, I asked what it was for and he (the owner) said "well we have to scuff the area and tape everything off". His shop rate was 55/hr posted on the wall. When I questioned that it took them over 8 hours to scuff and tape four feet of rocker. He said well that rate is for putting on bumpers an stuff like that. "I price line-x differently its all in my head I've been doing this for 9 years so i know what it costs" fu(kin stupid way to do business.
But wtf do I do so I said f it and paid the man. I think it was like hey this guy must have money.COULDNT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH LOl. I paid 48 for my truck but even if I had paid 100,000 $500 is $500.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not a bad price for color matching the bed and rockers and also spraying the wheel wells!

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would NOT be happy about that. In my business, my quote is what it costs - period.

Not a good way to do business.

He better be glad you were the customer and not me.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's so nuts. He must have a made a rich guy tax right off the bat. I would think that the quote would have included the prep work, too.

Also, he is scamming a lot of people if his shop rate is $55.00 an hour, he is adding a lot of hours on to every bill that comes through. A decent shop can't make it at $55 an hour, I don't care who you are.