*** Google Maps from phone to on-board screen ***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of these have something that you have to do to get front camera working wether is cutting wires or replacing camera, if you want to use front camera when you want. I find it easiest to change camera and not cut any wires. My warranty company won't cover anything related to electrical issues, if they find out that i have modified wiring. With Crux you don't need to cut anything to get mirroring but it won't allow front camera use.

Does this mean that Crux is a plug and play and when in use the front camera will be disabled? There is always the option to unplug the Crux when I need to use the front camera. And indeed, based on above input and also some research done today it looks like Crux might be able to do this...

Last edited:

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can use front camera normally but like with NAVTV or Lockpic you can use it when ever. With those two you don't have put it to ORM and lock or 4Hi to use it. These two have override. If i remember right you need toggle switch with Crux when NAV is used, it had something to do with GPS.

I emailed Lockpick and they confirmed the latest MyTouch AIR does not allow you to use the OEM front camera at any time. I believe NAVTV allows that, but it's not 100% plug-and-play and I'm not sure what wireless screen mirroring capabilities is has if any.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 12951

Just to clarify on the NAV-TV and Noah who sells these can confirm @The Car Stereo Company but the only way the NAV-TV can utilize the OEM front camera is because you have to run wire from the NAV-TV module to the engine bay area and splice into the front camera wires. I believe the Lockpick module does not have any input on their module to do this but if they let you use a different aftermarket camera then I wonder why you just can't splice into it like the NAV-TV does?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only way to get video is through the av in the center console. it wont work through usb. so that means you need a 30pin idevice. you cant get video out through the lightning connector. they make a 30 pin to rca cable, but not a lightning to rca. it has to go through an hdmi adapter. gets expensive

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Just to clarify on the NAV-TV and Noah who sells these can confirm @The Car Stereo Company but the only way the NAV-TV can utilize the OEM front camera is because you have to run wire from the NAV-TV module to the engine bay area and splice into the front camera wires. I believe the Lockpick module does not have any input on their module to do this but if they let you use a different aftermarket camera then I wonder why you just can't splice into it like the NAV-TV does?
nav tv is the only company to crack the code for the oem front camera. then they copyrighted/patented/ whatever you call it. so as of now, nobody else can make it work

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only way to get video is through the av in the center console. it wont work through usb. so that means you need a 30pin idevice. you cant get video out through the lightning connector. they make a 30 pin to rca cable, but not a lightning to rca. it has to go through an hdmi adapter. gets expensive

Why can't I get it to work in park? It doesn't need nav tv for that, does it?

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried 2 different cables. AV input never registered if I remember correctly.