Good cold air intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
S&B dry filter....0 issues. I've ran S&B on all 3 of my fords...K&N on my tundra but ....I'm swapping that out finally.....330k miles and it's time for a few changes for the tundra. My daughter wanted the tundra so that's her dd...still a great truck

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put an S&B on my Gen2 but I may just stick with stock on the Gen3. It's all just aesthetics anyway and I found it somewhat a pain to get the filter out of the S&B to clean it.

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve have had both a gen 1 and now a gen 2. This is one thing I never messed with. Fords engineering is spot on with keeping the air clean. I’m like @Old-Raptor-guy and my truck sees a lot of nasty dust in Baja.
Sounds like he’s got an answer to get even cleaner air I should check out. I also love the stock filter as it’s easy to change and I load up on a couple new ones before every trip and keep them clean for swapping out While I’m down there.
I normally change halfway down then change again for the pavement run home.

I‘d think an aftermarket intercooler with a mild tune would be a better choice for performance (more expensive though) than risking the dust getting into the engine.

As far as looking cool the much larger and silver intercooler shows through the grill.

I have the intercooler to help with heat soak when running hard in the desert but no tune.