Giving up on getting an allocation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vill

Reaction score
Before I placed my original raptor order, I was comparing it to the trx. However, paying 90k for a truck before TTL seemed insane. Because of that, I chose to place an order for a raptor. About a month after placing my original raptor order, it was canceled due to the dealer not having an allocation. Because of this, I began looking around for another allocation at MSRP. After about a week of calling dealerships trying to find one that had an allocation with no success, I began to look at other options, mainly the trx.
After looking around for a few days, I was able to find a dealership willing to sell me an order for a trx for 10k off sticker. That made the decision between ordering a trx or continuing to look for an MSRP raptor extremely difficult. After thinking about it for a few days, I placed my order for a TRX. Two days after I placed my order, I received my vin#, and fourteen days after that, the truck went into production. I now have an estimated delivery date of 04/09/22.
I just wanted to share my story about my raptor/trx hunt. It is crazy to believe that you can find a ram dealership willing to sell a trx for 10k off MSRP but can't find a ford dealership willing to sell a raptor for less than 10k over MSRP.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you share the final numbers on your TRX? When they first came out, one similarly equipped to my 802a 2nd gen Raptor would have been $91k sticker. Wondering what those are selling for out the door right now?

OP
OP
vill

vill

Reaction score
Would you share the final numbers on your TRX? When they first came out, one similarly equipped to my 802a 2nd gen Raptor would have been $91k sticker. Wondering what those are selling for out the door right now?
I paid 84k for my build (75k after discount) With price increases it would be around 89 to order now. A fully loaded trx will run you over 100k.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not crazy that the Ram sells for $10k off. It's a self inflicted wound that slowly bleeds from all Ram dealerships. They just can't hold on to a good thing, they do whatever they can to mess it up. They must be so hounded by units sold from corporate that even their halo cars and trucks need to see diminished value.

When the TRX first came out I placed an order, at the time virtually every dealer *** MSRP but certainly I saw some dealers looking for $5k to $10k over. I had my deposit down and then shortly thereafter the Raptor reveal happened and I was conflicted. On one hand, I had a TRX order for MSRP I went with (and I'm sorry I forgot exact packages) but it was Level1 I think the step above base. I was looking at around $78k iirc.

I knew that I had to have a 37PP so I knew I was paying $90k after taxes bear minimum. I also knew I wouldn't have the V8 until Raptor R eventually comes out.

It took about 2 days but I called and cancelled my TRX order and placed my order for MSRP on the 37PP. For those that know my story.. the tldr; version is I got screwed and went back to square one but a few weeks ago I took delivery finally of my 37PP at $10k adm.

I was willing to do this for a couple of reasons.

1. I owned all the Gen Raptors
2. I know the Raptor will hold its value
3. I fn knew that the TRX would end up like all the other Rams in the lineup selling for $10k to $20k off sticker eventually.

To my last point, I never knew it would happen so soon. These dealers are dumb AF. I don't think that Ram *needs* to do this, but it's like if they don't sell X amount of trucks per month that the world is going to end for all these dealerships. It's crazy.

For 4 maybe 5 months now I've been called almost weekly or emailed from Ram dealers asking my interest in a TRX at $10k off INVOICE... yea... I'm pretty happy I didn't pay msrp. This isn't to say I wouldn't have loved the truck, I would! I see about 20 of them daily.. but therein also lay my final issue.

I haven't even seen 1 other gen3 at all. Not 1. I've seen maybe a few dozen maybe a hundred TRXs already.

I'm happy for you, I'm happy for your truck. This is just what I expected.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not crazy that the Ram sells for $10k off. It's a self inflicted wound that slowly bleeds from all Ram dealerships. They just can't hold on to a good thing, they do whatever they can to mess it up. They must be so hounded by units sold from corporate that even their halo cars and trucks need to see diminished value.

When the TRX first came out I placed an order, at the time virtually every dealer *** MSRP but certainly I saw some dealers looking for $5k to $10k over. I had my deposit down and then shortly thereafter the Raptor reveal happened and I was conflicted. On one hand, I had a TRX order for MSRP I went with (and I'm sorry I forgot exact packages) but it was Level1 I think the step above base. I was looking at around $78k iirc.

I knew that I had to have a 37PP so I knew I was paying $90k after taxes bear minimum. I also knew I wouldn't have the V8 until Raptor R eventually comes out.

It took about 2 days but I called and cancelled my TRX order and placed my order for MSRP on the 37PP. For those that know my story.. the tldr; version is I got screwed and went back to square one but a few weeks ago I took delivery finally of my 37PP at $10k adm.

I was willing to do this for a couple of reasons.

1. I owned all the Gen Raptors
2. I know the Raptor will hold its value
3. I fn knew that the TRX would end up like all the other Rams in the lineup selling for $10k to $20k off sticker eventually.

To my last point, I never knew it would happen so soon. These dealers are dumb AF. I don't think that Ram *needs* to do this, but it's like if they don't sell X amount of trucks per month that the world is going to end for all these dealerships. It's crazy.

For 4 maybe 5 months now I've been called almost weekly or emailed from Ram dealers asking my interest in a TRX at $10k off INVOICE... yea... I'm pretty happy I didn't pay msrp. This isn't to say I wouldn't have loved the truck, I would! I see about 20 of them daily.. but therein also lay my final issue.

I haven't even seen 1 other gen3 at all. Not 1. I've seen maybe a few dozen maybe a hundred TRXs already.

I'm happy for you, I'm happy for your truck. This is just what I expected.
Same here. Have seen a ton of TRXs running around Houston (couple in the neighborhood) not many Gen 3s. Gotta admit, good looking truck but massive! Haven’t compared specs but large in the wild

raptor556

Reaction score
Funny the bias on here sometimes.

10k off of invoice......in this market.....it's not even a question. It's a done deal for the TRX

ANY adm is a kick in the balls. It's like paying for aftermarket gear you will never get back in a resale, except you just flushed the money and didn't get the enjoy the aftermarket gear while you had it.

The raptor is not special. It's not exclusive and it's not a limited edition. It's a high margin money maker for ford that looks pretty cool and is fun to drive. It also happens to be hampered like most vehicles by the chip shortage.

so if you have one now, enjoy. More are on the way.

More good advice is if you can sell your vehicle without buying another right now. great time to do it. most of us don't have the luxury though.

savela

Reaction score
I have not seen a Gen 3 Raptor in Corpus Christi yet either.
There are a few. I've seen 3. Including yours, I'm guessing. I'm still waiting on my 37. Despite long term relationship, Sames wanted $20k over. Nah.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good move, its pretty simple guys, if you cant get a ford go to a competitor, they’ll get the message eventually.

raptor556

Reaction score
There are a few. I've seen 3. Including yours, I'm guessing. I'm still waiting on my 37. Despite long term relationship, Sames wanted $20k over. Nah.
nice example of the "relationship" not paying off when it is not in their favor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter