GFC Topper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XwerX

Reaction score
Curious if anyone is planning on getting a GFC Topper, not the camper, for their truck. I’m on the fence about buying a RSI Smartcap or the GFC Topper. If anyone has any experience with either please chime in hood or bad.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're the #1 Smarcap dealer in the US! I'm happy to help answer any questions you have and help you make a decision. Are you thinking about the Adventure, Sport, or Commercial model if you go with RSI?

Pyrofighting

Reaction score
There happens to be a GFC facility near my house. Saw it in person. I did not see the $5k+ value at all. It is nice but not that nice.

OP
OP
X

XwerX

Reaction score
I did Smartcap + GFC RTT. The smartcap is just heavier duty.
Have you had any instances where the tent didn’t feel secure at highway speeds? 75-80 mph. Post some pics of your setup.

Last edited:

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had any instances where the tent didn’t feel secure at highway speeds? 75-80 mph. Post some pics of your setup.
I haven't mounted it yet, I am installing it next week finally.

Bruichladdie

Reaction score
I ran an RSI SmartCap with an Ikamper full size 2.0 and wouldn't recommend it for hard offroading.
The RSI is not nearly as strong as the GFC. I switched it up to the GFC camper and it is a solid unit.
RSI is just clamped together stainless steel, there's no structural frame to it like the GFC.
RSI with Ikamper felt like it was going to fly off above 70 mph. It would porpoise really bad above 75.