GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but is there a way to disable the park assist sensors? I installed a new front bumper and it requires me to relocate the sensors to the front grille. I now get an intermittent fault in the instrument cluster but I’d rather disable them since I use the camera when parking most of the time.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, couldnt find the answer after a reread of the thread

If markers are enabled with DRL (parking lights with DRL) and then DRL brightness is increased... do the markers increase brightness as well?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If markers are enabled with DRL (parking lights with DRL) and then DRL brightness is increased... do the markers increase brightness as well?
Per the Forscan change (4th down), they should. I did the DRL full brightness first then added markers w/ DRLs so I really can’t confirm. If you haven’t done either, perhaps you could confirm for us. However, you will notice the DRL brightness increase.

Attachments

• FFC366B0-66E3-4C31-B558-01FB5E690524.png
    FFC366B0-66E3-4C31-B558-01FB5E690524.png
    964.6 KB · Views: 63

LedFootRaptor

Reaction score

They do not. It only adjusts brightness for the DRL’s. I wish they’re was a way to increase them, but none that I know of.

lancemccollum

Reaction score
Made lots of great changes, using forescan, while I was at TMX last week. Glare free lighting, DRL, setting the shock parameters correctly, etc. But, does anyone know if you can change it so that the truck defaults to parking lights on, every time you start it?

Last edited:

Chop96

Reaction score
Made lots of great changes, using forescan, while I was at TMX last week. Glare free lighting, DRL, setting the shock parameters correctly, etc. But, does anyone know if you can change it so that the truck defaults to parking lights on, every time you start it?
Do you mean the marker lights? If so, this will turn them on with the DRLs:

DRLs - include parking lightsBCM726-38-01xxxxxxxx01--

Of course, the DRLs won't turn on until you shift into drive (I had to take a video to prove that to myself).
:cheers:

lancemccollum

Reaction score
No. All of my driving lights now come on when I turn the parking lights on. However, every time I shut the truck off and turn it back on, it defaults to the auto setting. And I have to remember to turn it to "parking lights on". I'm just wondering if there is a way to have it default to " parking lights on" every time I start the truck.
Do you mean the marker lights? If so, this will turn them on with the DRLs:

DRLs - include parking lightsBCM726-38-01xxxxxxxx01--

Of course, the DRLs won't turn on until you shift into drive (I had to take a video to prove that to myself).
:cheers:
All

Chop96

Reaction score
No. All of my driving lights now come on when I turn the parking lights on. However, every time I shut the truck off and turn it back on, it defaults to the auto setting. And I have to remember to turn it to "parking lights on". I'm just wondering if there is a way to have it default to " parking lights on" every time I start the truck.

All
If you make that change, the parking lights (marker lights) will turn on with the DRLs as you go driving around. All the time. Don't think there's a way to get the DRLs and parking lights to turn on before you drive away. That said, mine turn on when I walk up to it, but then go out until shifting into drive - then they're all on.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

All
If you’ve done the Forscan change correctly, just leave your control knob for the lights in the “auto” position and everything should work as @Chop96 described. Whether I do a scheduled start, remote start, or push start, my DRLs and markers are on all the time, every time.

What position do you have your control knob for lights set at? Just trying to get a better understanding.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a Forscan setting to prevent the lights from defaulting to Auto, meaning it will leave them in the last selected setting. That might help you achieve the results you want?