GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kinger9

Reaction score
I can't wait to try this, I run a lot of rural back roads at night and this will definitely be awesome. I was looking through the lighting menu and I do not have this menu "Adaptive headlamps setup" like the guy that posted this picture. Do you?

Attachments

• 20220210_202734.jpg
    20220210_202734.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 127

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to try this, I run a lot of rural back roads at night and this will definitely be awesome. I was looking through the lighting menu and I do not have this menu "Adaptive headlamps setup" like the guy that posted this picture. Do you?
Me either. Any one else?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t have that either. I think that is for European models.

Kinger9

Reaction score
Pretty cool tech. I observed that after 40mph the headlights will go into high beam although there is nothing on the dash to say so. I can also see them turning left and right with the wheel a couple degrees. I can also see that coming up behind someone you can’t even see their paint color, they really are in a shadow but it’s bright all around them!

Thanks for clarification euro model!

Kinger9

Reaction score
Anyone else find the new Forescan “easy” feature too easy? I found myself enabling things that I don’t know what they do. I now have the parking brake active when I put it in park, which is kind of cool. Releases with gas. Truck won’t rock slightly when on a incline anymore. Also found a new setting in the dash that when I go to turn it on I get a message “feature is not available yet” lol. On my Gen2 I was more careful and pasted all the code into a changed spreadsheet.

I did all the backups so I’m fine but there is a lot in there! Like launch control, anyone play with that?!

This started with trying to lower my TPMS psi warning went into a worm hole and have headlights that move around now lol. Still never found the pressure code yet haha. Also trying to increase steering wheel temp. I’ll post any findings.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else find the new Forescan “easy” feature too easy? I found myself enabling things that I don’t know what they do. I now have the parking brake active when I put it in park, which is kind of cool. Releases with gas. Truck won’t rock slightly when on a incline anymore. Also found a new setting in the dash that when I go to turn it on I get a message “feature is not available yet” lol. On my Gen2 I was more careful and pasted all the code into a changed spreadsheet.

I did all the backups so I’m fine but there is a lot in there! Like launch control, anyone play with that?!

This started with trying to lower my TPMS psi warning went into a worm hole and have headlights that move around now lol. Still never found the pressure code yet haha. Also trying to increase steering wheel temp. I’ll post any findings.
I use the toggle switch on a couple things too.

The big stuff I recode it.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my lights set on the auto setting and I don't think the 3 marker lights are on during the day. I'll have to look again but I could have sworn they weren't. Also I'm in a 22, maybe they are on during the day on the 21's?
Weird...I have a 22 and my amber lights are on all the time (day and night).

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That brake assist setting is in vehicle settings...in the infotainment.
Any time you come to a complete stop it locks the vehicle (brakes) and releases with throttle input.

But it does not hold the vehicle in park...

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, you got everything working! Yes, they will do their thing with the high beam set to “Auto”. Just took a short drive down a back road and to my points earlier 1) I didn’t get flashed 2) the low beams are back to normal when turning the steering wheel left or right (I would say it’s even more pronounced now as you can visually see the low beams move with the slightest turn of the wheel) & 3) it is worth the hype…more light coverage is always a good thing, yeah!

If you’re on the fence about it, jump that MF & do it! LMAO!!
Tried it again today and now seeing this when doing the IPC module. Tried multiple times. Other ones worked fine until I got to this one. Restored everything again. Thoughts?

1651418785309.png

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That brake assist setting is in vehicle settings...in the infotainment.
Any time you come to a complete stop it locks the vehicle (brakes) and releases with throttle input.

But it does not hold the vehicle in park...
Correct, this is the “Auto hold” feature found in the settings menu. My dealer enable it before leaving the lot. Forscan will accomplish this as mentioned above but I’m not gonna adjust settings when the truck already has the feature.
Tried it again today and now seeing this when doing the IPC module. Tried multiple times. Other ones worked fine until I got to this one. Restored everything again. Thoughts?

View attachment 352859
First, ensure you have the latest ver of Forscan.
Second, ensure you’re changing right codes & values for the IPC module…
720-01-01 xx8x xxxx
720-10-01 xxxx xxx3

Sometimes these numbers can look like they’re running into each other so double check & triple check before you change anything.

Let us know how it goes…