Gen 3 whipple stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For something around 20 whp peak on 91 for 1000 dollars I said no thanks. They did a good job bumping the torque curve up lower in the rpm range though, so city driving I would imagine it feels faster.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to bring a brand new for tuning? Will it void the factory warranty?

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to bring a brand new for tuning? Will it void the factory warranty?
Yes tuning of any kind will void the warranty. The minute that ECU sees a new tune it will be recorded and ford techs will be able to see you added a tune even if you change it back.

You can see some significant performance gains but you can kiss your decent MPG away and also goforbid something happens (with gen3s this has been frequent) even if it has nothing to do with the tune, they will void the warranty. I would advise to wait a little longer for more kits and for your warranty to vest itself a bit. The truck is pretty quick as it stands from the factory.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes tuning of any kind will void the warranty. The minute that ECU sees a new tune it will be recorded and ford techs will be able to see you added a tune even if you change it back.

You can see some significant performance gains but you can kiss your decent MPG away and also goforbid something happens (with gen3s this has been frequent) even if it has nothing to do with the tune, they will void the warranty. I would advise to wait a little longer for more kits and for your warranty to vest itself a bit. The truck is pretty quick as it stands from the factory.
Much of what you stated is simply not true. I don’t know where to begin but there are literally hundreds of threads about this topic, so at minimum I would advise others reading his post to do a little more research before coming to their own conclusions.