GEN 3 Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blaiseam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly a really stupid question:

Why is it that all of the lightweight wheels (those that you would think the more performance/off-road enthusiasts would purchase) have 0 mm offset?

KMC Mesa Monoblocks are 0mm
Volk TE37 XT m-spec are 0mm (make a 12mm, but custom order)
Titan7 AK1 are 0mm

Seems like the only option for a super lightweight wheel that isnt 0mm are the Enkei RPT1 at +12mm at 24 lbs.

Are there benefits to 0 offset wheels?

Again, sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm coming from the car world where lightweight wheels have a ton of different offset options.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Possibly a really stupid question:

Why is it that all of the lightweight wheels (those that you would think the more performance/off-road enthusiasts would purchase) have 0 mm offset?

KMC Mesa Monoblocks are 0mm
Volk TE37 XT m-spec are 0mm (make a 12mm, but custom order)
Titan7 AK1 are 0mm

Seems like the only option for a super lightweight wheel that isnt 0mm are the Enkei RPT1 at +12mm at 24 lbs.

Are there benefits to 0 offset wheels?

Again, sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm coming from the car world where lightweight wheels have a ton of different offset options.
Just got back from vacation so sorry about the delayed response. There are a few possibilities as to why zero offset is popular aside from the people that want the wider stance.
1. Most aftermarket UCA's require approximately a +00 as do aftermarket long travel kits
2. Companies like KMC, Volk and Titan that build mass qty forged wheels want to get the most out of their forgings so they build in a way where they can be drilled 6-135 for Ford or 6x139.7 for Chevy/Toyota without having to have separate tooling just for Ford. Since Toyota requires lower offsets to clear factory UCA's these companies build them with Toyota in mind due to higher volume aftermarket and the Fords just get what works on Toyota. If they built a more positive offset for Ford they'd need a separate forging for Toyota. Take the Titan wheel for example. In my opinion that wheel was designed and engineered for Tacoma/4Runner based on the load rating. It just happened to clear the Raptor brakes so they started drilling 6-135 and marketing towards Raptor owners.

When you look at Innov8, they'll build -6, +6 and +25 since each set is tailored your needs. Not mass produced. But they're also a little heavier because design them with maximum durability in mind.

This is all speculation though so don't quote me.

Once my new set arrives and is test fitted I'll be adding one more design and doing custom orders. Very low volume though. It's more of a side gig for a major supplier we deal with.
17x9 +12
Hubcentric
Billet caps
2600lb load rating
23.5lbs
deeper bead grooves for bead security
custom finishes since they'll be made to order

Forged 12 A.JPGForged 12 B.JPGForged 12 C.jpg

Last edited:

mgordon

Reaction score
Just got back from vacation so sorry about the delayed response. There are a few possibilities as to why zero offset is popular aside from the people that want the wider stance.
1. Most aftermarket UCA's require approximately a +00 as do aftermarket long travel kits
2. Companies like KMC, Volk and Titan that build mass qty forged wheels want to get the most out of their forgings so they build in a way where they can be drilled 6-135 for Ford or 6x139.7 for Chevy/Toyota without having to have separate tooling just for Ford. Since Toyota requires lower offsets to clear factory UCA's these companies build them with Toyota in mind due to higher volume aftermarket and the Fords just get what works on Toyota. If they built a more positive offset for Ford they'd need a separate forging for Toyota. Take the Titan wheel for example. In my opinion that wheel was designed and engineered for Tacoma/4Runner based on the load rating. It just happened to clear the Raptor brakes so they started drilling 6-135 and marketing towards Raptor owners.

When you look at Innov8, they'll build -6, +6 and +25 since each set is tailored your needs. Not mass produced. But they're also a little heavier because design them with maximum durability in mind.

This is all speculation though so don't quote me.

Once my new set arrives and is test fitted I'll be adding one more design and doing custom orders. Very low volume though. It's more of a side gig for a major supplier we deal with.
17x9 +12
Hubcentric
Billet caps
2600lb load rating
23.5lbs
deeper bead grooves for bead security
custom finishes since they'll be made to order

View attachment 400666View attachment 400667View attachment 400669
When will more info about these be available for purchase? They look awesome! Thanks