GEN 3 Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely love your styles and finishes. Wish you were making different offsets. :(

Regardless, I know you'll sell every set of them you can build!
What offset do you prefer? Eventually I will expand the fitments.

3GF

Reaction score
What offset do you prefer? Eventually I will expand the fitments.
I'm honestly pretty happy with the OEM fitment (+30 I believe?), but wouldn't mind something a little more aggressive, just nowhere near the +0-ish that everyone seems to be doing. My truck is going to be pushed pretty hard off-road, both rock crawling and high-speeds, so don't want the tires poking or even flush.

And, honestly, where I live, it's nearly impossible to keep my truck in the lane as it is! My tires touch both lines on the road simultaneously more often than I'd like, completely stock. Really would have preferred a Ranger Raptor overall for driving around here, but didn't want to wait, and didn't want the (relatively) tiny fuel tank...

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm honestly pretty happy with the OEM fitment (+30 I believe?), but wouldn't mind something a little more aggressive, just nowhere near the +0-ish that everyone seems to be doing. My truck is going to be pushed pretty hard off-road, both rock crawling and high-speeds, so don't want the tires poking or even flush.

And, honestly, where I live, it's nearly impossible to keep my truck in the lane as it is! My tires touch both lines on the road simultaneously more often than I'd like, completely stock. Really would have preferred a Ranger Raptor overall for driving around here, but didn't want to wait, and didn't want the (relatively) tiny fuel tank...
If you're ever up to meet up Ill show you what 0 offset looks like. I'm in charlotte as well. Where are you planning on off-roading hard around here?

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Understood. I think once some of these get installed it will change a few minds. Not all but some. I know it’s a +12 but being 9” wide gives it a 5.5” backspace vs the oem 5.9”. The higher backspace keeps the inner portion of the tire pulled in similar to OEM spec and effectively bringing the tire poke in as a whole.

On paper the 17x9 +12 and 17x8.5 +6 have the poke on the outer lip but the extra .5” of backspace on the 9 wide pulls the tire in a little more. If that makes sense.

Either way, hope to have these inspected and on some trucks soon to help display my explanation.

3GF

Reaction score
If you're ever up to meet up Ill show you what 0 offset looks like. I'm in charlotte as well. Where are you planning on off-roading hard around here?
I've seen zero offset on Raptors dozens of times, it looks fine, it's just not for me.

Not much hard off-roading around here outside of Uwharrie. Planning a big trip to Utah this fall, and a longer trip next spring on the TransAmerica Trail, for starters.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen zero offset on Raptors dozens of times, it looks fine, it's just not for me.

Not much hard off-roading around here outside of Uwharrie. Planning a big trip to Utah this fall, and a longer trip next spring on the TransAmerica Trail, for starters.
Except these aren't +0 offset they are +12 and 9" wide as mentioned above. I have +0 (8.5in) and will be swapping out for a set of these. +12 or +18 is the sweet spot for these rigs at the 9" wheel width mark.

3GF

Reaction score
Except these aren't +0 offset they are +12 and 9" wide as mentioned above. I have +0 (8.5in) and will be swapping out for a set of these. +12 or +18 is the sweet spot for these rigs at the 9" wheel width mark.
Yeah, I didn't see that they were +12 before I first commented to be honest, but I'd still rather a +12 or +18 (if not even a bit more) in an 8.5" instead. Just my preference.