Gen 3 Builtright Molle Panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanted to share that the builtright industries Molle panel works with the Recaro seats. I had asked builtright and they said they didn’t think it would but luckily it did. Figured someone may be curious as well.

Attachments

• 1275A7B6-E6A4-442B-ACE9-DD1059CC583B.jpeg
    1275A7B6-E6A4-442B-ACE9-DD1059CC583B.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 266
OP
OP
DMays

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just hangs off the headrest post?
It has rigid mounts to the head rest posts and at the bottom from the seat frame. It doesn't make contact with the leather at all. Most options have straps and it sits against the seat. I didn't want anything to touch the leather itself. Really nice product for sure.

rlj676

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming!

I figured it would as the seat structure has to be identical, but was not sure if the bottom attachments would have access to the structure through trim.

Not sure what to store on one but I want it nonetheless.

OP
OP
DMays

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming!

I figured it would as the seat structure has to be identical, but was not sure if the bottom attachments would have access to the structure through trim.

Not sure what to store on one but I want it nonetheless.
Builtright thought the bottom attachment points wouldn't line up. I had no clue but wanted to try and they line up perfect. You unzip the back of the seat, and the mounting points are on the bottom seat frame itself. Pretty easy install. I will suggest mounting things to the panel before the install because it's hard to get your hand behind it once its mounted.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Wanted to share that the builtright industries Molle panel works with the Recaro seats. I had asked builtright and they said they didn’t think it would but luckily it did. Figured someone may be curious as well.
Was is an easy install? Watched a video and seemed somewhat of a pain to attach bottom attachments.

rlj676

Reaction score
Builtright thought the bottom attachment points wouldn't line up. I had no clue but wanted to try and they line up perfect. You unzip the back of the seat, and the mounting points are on the bottom seat frame itself. Pretty easy install. I will suggest mounting things to the panel before the install because it's hard to get your hand behind it once its mounted.
Makes sense. The seat structure is a critical safety item so the recaros are built on the same as normal seats. As long as the trim cover was able to give access it would work as you found.

Yeah I did not enjoy mounting shit on my bedside panels after installed lol.

OP
OP
DMays

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was is an easy install? Watched a video and seemed somewhat of a pain to attach bottom attachments.
It was very easy. The hardest part was unzipping the seatback. Once I had that done I had the bracket mounted in 5 minutes. Total once I got the attachements mounted to the panel to zipping the seat back together was around 25 minutes

MNLeadfoot

Reaction score
I was on the fence about these because I wasn't sure long term if they rubbed against the leather but I think you just sold me on them!

OP
OP
DMays

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was on the fence about these because I wasn't sure long term if they rubbed against the leather but I think you just sold me on them!
I added 4 washers to each side to get it a bit further from the seat to be 100% sure but it didn't touch the leather without the washers either. I don't see it touching the seat over time.