Gen 3 B&O better than Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kept reading about how bad the stereo was from many on here and figured they were being dramatic. Got mine, and it sucks ass. Rattles, doesn’t handle a lot of bass and for as many speakers as it has, doesn’t sound that good. I’ll be replacing mine in due time

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s 100x better than my wife’s ‘22 AT4. I sound deadened my cab and it sounds decent. The guy that did my deadening was dying to upgrade my stereo but I wouldn’t give up the space under the back seat.

Last edited:

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to hearing the "NEW" improved audio system when my truck arrived. To be quite honest, while it sounds good, I had high expectations that it would be much better than my Gen 2. I've read on these forums that the headrest speakers appeared to not work at all. I'd have to agree with that. I've put my ear to the headrest and hear nothing at all from either of them. The overhead speaker does work, but I can't say that it makes a difference in quality of sound.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s very subtle, but there is sound from the headrest speakers. On my truck, they only seem to work if the head unit is set to surround mode.

housecat

Reaction score
The B&O "Unleashed" is shameful for Ford's halo truck. I cannot get it to sound decent, no matter what setting, surround, fade, balance, etc.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The B&O "Unleashed" is shameful for Ford's halo truck. I cannot get it to sound decent, no matter what setting, surround, fade, balance, etc.
Fade the settings to only the rear and it’s the worst sound I’ve ever heard from a car stereo. Seriously my 08 wrangler sounds better.

Has anyone figured out how to raise the volume and quality of CarPlay Spotify? XM is so much louder and higher quality than songs played on Spotify.

714raptor

Reaction score
Fade the settings to only the rear and it’s the worst sound I’ve ever heard from a car stereo. Seriously my 08 wrangler sounds better.

Has anyone figured out how to raise the volume and quality of CarPlay Spotify? XM is so much louder and higher quality than songs played on Spotify.

I noticed that as well, but with Apple Music. Even with the EQ setting set to extra boost, XM sounds way better.

SSI2022

Reaction score

If you have an iPhone....go to SETTINGS....MUSIC....SOUND CHECK....turn this OFF (no green icon)