Gen 2 V8 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highmtnraptor

Reaction score
The video above is awesome! They build those trucks in Texas as well. The video explains how you have to buy a 5.0 coyote F150 truck, then you pay them $25,000 to turn it into a V8 Raptor. Also offer a supercharged version with a Whipple.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The most important takeaway is that they were unable to take the 5.0 coyote and drop into a raptor due to the electronics so they had to go the other way which is to take a 5.0 coyote F150 truck and replace body and suspension with Raptor parts.

The video above is awesome! They build those trucks in Texas as well. The video explains how you have to buy a 5.0 coyote F150 truck, then you pay them $25,000 to turn it into a V8 Raptor. Also offer a supercharged version with a Whipple.

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I've done A LOT of research in this arena.

The net of it is:

There is a company that makes a "translation computer" that will work in our trucks. This unit translates the PCM inputs/outputs from a standalone computer ( think motec or the Ford version). This means that it tricks the other computers to think that the new PCM is the factory-installed unit. This is how you'd maintain functionality.

The downside is, wholesale on the unit is like 10 grand USD.

So, you could make it work, but you aren't motor swapping for less than 30K and you have a LOT to hash out.

The main reason that this was intriguing is that it would allow you to maintain the braking programming, steering programming, and stability control.

The other option would be to rewire the entire truck.

either way, I don't think that it can be done for less than 30K.

For me, for the moment, my motor is fine. I don't love it, but it works. I'm focusing my upgrade money on safety ( cage seats, harnesses, better brakes). When my motor pops, I'll either stroke it or V8 swap it. I'm hoping to get one more year out of the stock motor.