Gen 2 Upfitter Switch Tailgate Release Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bayarearaptornut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did mine last night, very cool kit. Thanks Ruby!

The only issue I noticed was that if you forget to move the switch back to the off position it will drop the tailgate the next time you start the engine or turn on accessory mode.

thepro8

Reaction score
Got mine in the other day. I was skeptical, but the kit is very well made. I highly recommend this to others.

just need my truck now.

OP
OP
Ruby

Ruby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did mine last night, very cool kit. Thanks Ruby!

The only issue I noticed was that if you forget to move the switch back to the off position it will drop the tailgate the next time you start the engine or turn on accessory mode.

Ah gotcha. I will be sure to include that in the next kits. I figured it would be obvious to flip the switch on then off. But, I keep forgetting its more than me using these kits now. OOPS!

I really appreciate the feedback and accept it with open arms. Id like to keep improving.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Got mine in the other day. I was skeptical, but the kit is very well made. I highly recommend this to others.

just need my truck now.

Glad to hear. Please feel free to leave feedback. There always room for improvement. Keep me posted! Even on small shit.. More zipties, longer leads, etc...

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how are you releasing the tailgate? I am looking at ways to do this on a model that has no FOB. Looking to buy the tailgate actuator, install, buy your kit and have a tailgate release from the cab only.

when you push the button on the keyfob, it requests the BCM to release the tailgate. The BCM then releases the tail gate.

Are you wiring up to the BCM or directly to the tailgate?

Also is wiring you use in the Remote Keyless Entry section of the 2018 Ford Wiring Diagram book? I am looking for that diagram as well.

Bulldog17

Reaction score
Just did mine. Took about forty five minutes. I'm no mechanic but Ray Charles could have followed those directions.....nice job.

OP
OP
Ruby

Ruby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** Yea.. thats the shit I like to hear.

Thanks for the few beers you bought me. But, mostly thanks for the time spend in the garage away from the nagging wife you caused!