Gen 2 Pulling on the side no matter what!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexDC

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
So problem that i am noticing is that my steering wheel feels loose , i replaced all the suspension parts, got new fox shocks , new tires everything , we did alignment and it was fine for about 1000 miles or so and now again it feels like that needs alignment again and every time is the same thing, car is pulling to the right. I believe that i may have issue with the steering because i cant even feel the difference while changing comfort settings for the steering wheel and on top of that when its switched to 4A car pulls even more to the right side while accelerating .
Any ideas?
Thank you

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What tires / wheels?
what psi for the tires?
is the suspension stock? If not, what mods?
Are you testing on level pavement?
what are the alignment specs?
do you have the Torsen front diff, they’re known to exhibit some pulling on heavy throttle.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It could be a brake caliper seizing, or a brake line collapsing, take a temperature reading of your rims/calipers/rotors in the exact same spot on each wheel especially the front and see if they are the same temperature.
Not fun when this happens. This happened to an old Blazer of mine. It started subtly, enough that I thought it was just minor pulling on an old rig. I made a note to check it the next free weekend but didn’t make it that far. I made it about 1.5 miles down the road and noticed the pull was worse and I was really slowing when I let off the gas. Turned around, got home and smoke was billowing from the wheel well, rotor was glowing, etc. I thought for sure it was going up in flames but it didn’t.

2ndFord

Reaction score
I do like the above suggestions as to that the problem may be brake system-related. So do as recommended and take those temp readings. However since you said the effect is more pronounced in 4WD, doesn't that point to a right front axle or hub bearing? Seems as though you're getting a drag effect that if not brakes could be axle or hub. And the fact that the condition is exacerbated in 4WD seems to point in the axle/hub direction. I'm no diagnostician. Just my 2-cent thought.